Srishti currently works as Associate Editor for Analytics India Magazine.…
CYPHER 2017 is just a few weeks away and is already generating a lot of excitement and buzz around it. While it is looking forward to host analytics industry leaders from various sectors, from across the country, it had an impressive turnout last year too! Here we bring quotes from industry leaders that made a wave at Cypher 2016.
1. Anshu Sharma, Sr. Director, AIG
2. Arnab Bose, MD, Abzooba
3. Deep Thomas, CEO, Tata Insights
4. Jeürgen Hase, CEO, IoT Business, Reliance Group
5. Michael Ferrari, Head- Data Science, The Weather Company
6. Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Manipal Global Education Services and Aarin Capital
[quote]When you are in this world, you pit yourself against the best world has. And the only chance of winning is that you know how to look at data, interpret data, analyze data and do it in your mind at the same time while facing a crowd of 150-200 people who are out there to ask you questions, look at their body language and then go bet billions of dollars. Data is definitely important and has become more important right now because we are living in an age of disruption.[/quote]
7. Ravi Vijayraghavan, VP and Head- Analytics, Flipkart
[quote]We do a lot of work on image. For instance, we use image recognition to do recommendations, particularly in clothing where you can look at the picture and based on style and texture you can provide recommendations. The motivation is to make sure that the pricing is right. Sometime sellers can take Rs. 400 shoe and say it is for Rs. 1000 and give us 60% discount. We are trying to incorporate intelligent methods to detect these kind of things[/quote].
8. Sameer Dhanrajani, Business Leader, Cognizant
[quote]Three important pivots in terms of data driven economy are—firstly there is an intense democratisation of analytics, it's getting big with such a furious pace that we are talking about analytics everywhere. The second piece is that every organisation is embedding analytics into their operating model. Thirdly, we are all riding this wave of data science. If you take these three things in a data driven economy, we coined one term for this and that is algorithm economy”.[/quote]
9. Sandeep Mittal, MD Cartesian Consulting
10. Srinivas GR, VP & Head, Business Solutions and Analytics, Brillio
[quote]Today as we speak, analytics has become a mandate. It has become a significant competitive advantage for business. If you are not adopting analytics and you are not leveraging the power of analytics for business decision making, you are probably losing out in terms of your competition.[/quote]
Register for our upcoming events:
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- WEBINAR: HOW TO BEGIN A CAREER IN DATA SCIENCE | 24th Oct
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Srishti currently works as Associate Editor for Analytics India Magazine. When not covering the analytics news, editing and writing articles, she could be found reading or capturing thoughts into pictures.