The Business Analytics and Intelligence area is becoming an important component of every successful businesses/industries for continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their decision-making processes. In the recent past, innovations in many areas are achieved through analytics and machine learning algorithms. Recommender systems, Siri, chatbot are few examples of how analytics is driving innovation. The Analytics Society of India (ASI), which is formed by eminent personalities from academia and industry in 2012, planned to organize regular annual International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (ICBAI) to create a platform to facilitate knowledge sharing on advanced data analysis, business analytics, big data and business intelligence for distinguished academicians, practitioners and researchers from academia and industry. The ASI has decided to organize regular annual event of ICBAI either at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore or at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
Accordingly the fourth ICBAI was jointly organized by The Operational Research Society of India Bangalore Chapter (ORSI-BC), functioning from the Department Studies, IISc and the ASI at J.N. Tata Auditorium, IISc, Bangalore during December 19-21, 2016. The ICBAI-2016 will feature demonstration of real world applications of business analytics and business intelligence presented by academics and practitioners. Also the ICBAI-2016 will become a venue to review insights and novel business applications of tools and techniques of advanced data analysis, business analytics and business intelligence among academicians and practitioners.
We have received about 494 extended abstracts (including about 19 abstracts from abroad and about 140 abstracts from various industries such as Accenture, Cognizant, Cisco, Data Semantics, Dell, Ericson, Genpact, GE, KPMG, HP, IBM, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, etc.. After blind-review process about 232 contributed papers (about 80 are from Industries and about 150 are from academics) are scheduled for presentation. These contributed papers are cutting across all the sphere of the applications of Business Analytics and Intelligence. In addition many industry professionals have registered to participate. Overall we are expecting 400+ delegates (including 140+ delegates from industries).
A highlight of the event would be several applications related talks by renowned academicians and practitioners from various countries. These include:
- Samik Rahychaudhuri, Senior Architect at 7
Title: Big Data and the Age of Personalization: Role of OR
- Kamal Sen, Founder & President of Cogitaas, Singapore.
Title: Analytics & the Science of Inference
- Ram Ramanathan, Professor of Operations Management, Director, Business and Management Research Institute, University of Bedfordshire, UK.
Title: Big Data in Logistics
- Manoj Kumar Tiwari, Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
Title: Sustainable Shipping Operations: Modelling and Analysis
- U Dinesh Kumar, Professor Quantitative Methods and Information Systems, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bangalore, India
Title: Predicting Earnings Manipulations by Indian Firms using Machine Learning Algorithms
- Sudhanshu Singh, Senior Vice President and COO of Genpact Analytics
Title: Evolution of Analytics with convergence of new technologies like IOT, cloud and big data
- Vijay Chandru, Chairman, Strand Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore, and Visiting Professor of Interdisciplinary Research Centre, IISc, Bangalore, India.
Title: Data Systems and Society
- Ramasubramanian Sundararajan, Principal Operations Research, Sabre
Title: Application of OR and Analytics in the Airline Industry
Those who are interested in participating in the conference can contact Dr M Mathirajan, the Conference Secretary of ICBAI-2016 ( mobile number: 9945668905 / 080-22932605; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org; URL: http//www.mgmt.iisc.ernet.in/~icbai2016 ) OR Interested participants can come and pay at the spot for participating in ICBAI-2016.
Register for our upcoming events:
- Meetup: NVIDIA RAPIDS GPU-Accelerated Data Analytics & Machine Learning Workshop, 18th Oct, Bangalore
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad