Listen to this story
Be the Data Science MVP @ Your Campus!
In an effort to reach out to the campuses of India & nurture data science talent at the academics level, Analytics India Magazine (AIM) launches the Campus Ambassador Program.
AIM has always been focused on advancing India’s overall AI and analytics ecosystem. To this end, tapping into Indian campuses, institutes and universities are the first steps toward building a robust data science talent. We believe that a strong presence of data science culture at the ground level needs to be nurtured thoroughly. This would not only ensure that the industry receives the right talent that it demands but also eventually lead to a healthy overall ecosystem.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
We aim to achieve 2 goals with this initiative:
- Identify data science talent early
- Increase industry-academia collaboration
About The AIM Campus Ambassador Program:
To ensure that the young enthusiasts and the upcoming generation are well-equipped to adapt to new tech seamlessly, AIM is launching this Campus Ambassador Program to empower young talent across the country. We want you guys to become evangelists in the field of data science. [Click here to apply]
AIM’s Campus Ambassador Program invites student applicants from various colleges and universities across the country to represent us at their campuses & to be the data science leaders on their campuses. These young leaders will then work closely with the AIM team as well as the industry leaders.
Considering there is a lot of interest in machine learning and data science among students, with this program, AIM wants to nurture data science talent at the undergraduate level. This program aims at developing students’ skills in data science and machine learning by giving them an opportunity to work with seasoned professionals at Analytics India Magazine (AIM) and industry leaders. This will provide exposure to the best talent on campus and introduce them to the world of data science.
Further, this initiative will identify the skilled data science talent early & groom and develop them to be absorbed eventually into the industry.
To apply for the programme, click here. [#AIMCAP]
- The Campus Ambassador Program lasts for one year, and the selected students lead campus initiatives and will become community leads in the field of data science.
- Top ambassadors will have an opportunity to win free tickets to industry events organized by AIM — e.g. Cypher, India’s largest and most exciting data science, analytics & AI summit. These events will provide the ambassadors to network and learn from the leading thought leaders, companies and startups in analytics, data science and AI disciplines.
- For the Campus Ambassador Program, AIM will select two students from each campus (one as the Ambassador and the second one as the Co-Ambassador). They will represent the AIM on their campus and work as our brand ambassadors.
** NOTE: To become an ambassador or co-ambassador, the students can submit an application, followed by a screening process before onboarding them.
AIM Campus Ambassador/Co-Ambassador Perks:
- The opportunity to represent AIM — India’s leading AI and Analytics Media company — on your campus and at events.
- Top Ambassadors will get free entry to our Industry-focussed events such as Cypher, MLDS, etc.
- Receive experience certificates and letters of recommendation to proudly showcase your leadership initiatives in the data science & ML space.
- Free access to MachineHack’s Premium Subscription — the biggest online community for data science, ML & AI enthusiasts — after 30 days of onboarding.
- Get ADaSci membership — a premier global body of data science & machine learning professionals — for one year after completing a year of satisfactory collaboration.
- Get mentored by AIM mentors who are the country’s top experts in data science
- An opportunity to collaborate and work with ambassadors across the country.
- Get internship opportunities with AIM for top-performing campus ambassadors.
- Get to meet top data science leaders and analytics experts in the country
To apply for the programme, click here. [#AIMCAP]
What are the responsibilities of a Campus Ambassador/ Co-Ambassador?
- Create an exciting data science ecosystem on your campus and encourage more students to be involved.
- Conduct different activities on the campus, including workshops, webinars, seminars, coding championships, etc., to inspire young talents about the new technology.
- Encourage bright & smart students & data science aspirants, to participate in MachineHack’s hackathons, competitions & coding challenges – in order to bring out the best machine learning talent on your campus.
- Assist AIM in conducting blogathon activities through which potential students will get chances to write blogs & publish their articles on the Analytics India Magazine website and share their knowledge with the world.
- Assist AIM in conducting assessment programs related to data science machine learning and certifying the successful candidates.
- Assist AIM in promoting events/conferences/webinars with discounts for members in virtual conferences.
- Working closely with the AIM social media team to spread awareness of the latest updates in the field of data science and machine learning.