In a first of its kind, Bihar will become the first state to set up East India’s first AI Centre of Excellence in Patna. Bihar Entrepreneurs Association (BEA) has decided to set up East India's first "Artificial Intelligence - Centre of Excellence", in Patna, a news report indicated. The blueprint has been finalised and the CoE will help BEA strive closer to their goal of building skills in emerging technologies and boost the startup ecosystem in Bihar. The setting up of CoE is in line with BEA’s goals and deliverables outlined below to improve the competitiveness of the state:
- Produce reusable artifacts (code, patterns, use cases) for industry that matters for entrepreneurs in Bihar
- Build skills to provide consultancy and mentoring to entrepreneurs in Bihar
- Establish partnerships with local universities and high schools to train teachers and students
According to Abhishek Singh, secretary general of BEA, the applications of AI, especially in areas like education, healthcare, tourism, medical devices, building materials, telecom, retail, government sector, insurance, media and entertainment, energy & environment, logistics sector, biopharmaceuticals, consumer products can help revolutionise the industry. According to the news report, the secretary general added that as a goodwill gesture, the association will also provide the AI source code to the innovators, who can maximise the use of AI. As part of its agenda, BEA is planning to launch four courses for a different target audience at throwaway prices, to start with," he said.
Also, BEA plans to tap into its resources and collaborations to upskill the next generation of entrepreneurs. As per reports, the BEA will leverage US chapter to bridge the skills gap in Bihar. The BEA-US Chapter can play a pivotal role in bringing in-demand capabilities and fostering advanced technology-driven entrepreneurial initiatives. Earlier in 2016, the Government of Bihar also set up a Bihar Startup Policy to create a thriving startup ecosystem.
Register for our upcoming events:
- Meetup: NVIDIA RAPIDS GPU-Accelerated Data Analytics & Machine Learning Workshop, 18th Oct, Bangalore
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
What's Your Reaction?
Richa Bhatia is a seasoned journalist with six-years experience in reportage and news coverage and has had stints at Times of India and The Indian Express. She is an avid reader, mum to a feisty two-year-old and loves writing about the next-gen technology that is shaping our world.