At a time when analytics is making a profound impact on the jobs landscape, some of the hottest jobs of the future are based around analytics and Business Intelligence. With rapid changes taking place in the technology, enterprises demand new skills and vertical specific expertise. In order to broaden their analytics skills, professionals latch onto a bunch of certifications to gain in-demand skills or deliver the full scope of projects they are involved in.
But if you are looking for a comprehensive Business Analytics programme that can fast-track your career, Great Learning’s flagship analytics programme — PGP BABI offered in association with UT Austin McCombs School of Business, ranked No.2 in the world by QS World University Rankings is now offered in an online mode.
Pegged as India’s #1 analytics programme for the last 4 years, PGP-BABI is offered in traditional 12-month classroom mode and 11-month personalised mentorship driven online mode. Whatever learning mode you choose, PGP-BABI can set you on the right career track with a solid analytics and data science foundation.
In this article, we look at the online version of the flagship PGP-BABI programme, that combines all the necessary skills required for analytics and data science and provides executives the tools to kick-start their career. What’s even better is that the programme offers a live personalized mentoring approach and strong ties to the real-world with an application-oriented capstone project and regular hackathons
“The BABI curriculum is designed to give a wide exposure to learners, via different business domains, different analytical methods, different software technologies, different data sets, and even different teaching styles based on faculty background and experience. The BABI program provides the learning environment for the next generation of business leaders to be more intelligent about business decisions. The sessions from UT Austin provide truly valuable global context,” Dr. Abhinanda Sarkar, Academic Director at Great Learning
“Embracing change in the light of feedback from industry, academic rigour with business flavour, and theory interwoven with application are the hallmarks of BABI Curriculum,” said Dr. P K Viswanathan, Professor, Analytics & Operations at Great Lakes Institute of Management.
Key Differentiators of PGP Online Programme
1) Flexibility & ease of learning: Building on the success of full-time flagship Business Analytics programme, the 11 month online programme offers working professionals the flexibility to upskill and gain advanced analytics techniques and industry-specific knowledge.
2) Business-focused learning: The programme strikes a balance between theoretical and practical application with a deep focus on Business Analytics methods, Business Intelligence and Data Science. In addition, the online programme provides a practical-oriented learning with industry projects which ensures all learners graduate with a real-world data science project in their portfolio.
3) Top-notch faculty: The programme is led by stellar faculty members like Dr. Bappaditya Mukhopyadhya who specializes in statistics, econometrics, policy analytics and financial risk management while Dr. PK Vishwanath has a rich industry experience with expertise in business analytics, predictive analytics and other areas. Dr. Abhinanda Sarkar, Academic Director at Great Learning who heads the Data Science & Machine Learning programme brings his wide research experience from IBM and GE to help students accelerate their career. Meanwhile, Dr. Kumar Muthuraman from the University of Texas specializes in quantitative finance, operations management and healthcare. In addition to that, the programme’s interdisciplinary analytical approach and industry-led sessions by subject matter experts provide a well-rounded education.
4) Personalized Learning: One of the key advantages of the program is the personalized mentorship that enriches the students’ learning experience. The program provides 30 live personalised online mentorship sessions along with access to a state-of-the-art learning management system to access content.
5) Career Support: The exclusive GL Excelerate program from Great Learning organises exclusive recruitment drives every two months, provides personalised 1-1 career mentorship and interview preparation sessions. On top of that, students also get access to a job board which has carefully curated jobs from 200+ organisations. Some of the organisations participating in the recruitment drives are Tiger Analytics, Rakuten, RBS, HSBC, KPMG, IBM among others. More than 2/3rd of the candidates have seen a career transition within 6 months of programme completion with a 48% average salary hike.
6) Dual Certification: The program provides Dual Certificate from The University of Texas at Austin – McCombs School of Business and Great Lakes Institute of Management. The course boasts a 5000+ student base across India and has consistently been ranked as the No.1 Analytics program in India since 2014.
Step Up The Career Ladder With PGP BABI
The well curated program allows students to finish the course in an accelerated manner and provides a deep foundation in statistical techniques and advanced analytics and makes you understand the use of analytics from a business perspective.
In addition to this, the diverse cohort with work experience ranging from 3-15 years from industries such as – BFSI, Consulting, Information Technology, Automobile, E-commerce and Healthcare plays an important role in providing and enriching student experience.
Some of the core topics covered are Data Mining, Predictive Modeling, Time Series Forecasting Machine Learning and Data Visualization with domain-specific modules in Marketing, Retail, Finance, Healthcare, Ecommerce etc. Some of the important tools covered are R, Python and Tableau.
For the capstone project, candidates can choose from their current industry or any other live-industry problem they would like to tackle. Another added advantage is company sponsored hackathons students can participate in and gain valuable experience. “Great Learning’s PGP-BABI helps working professionals become job-ready in Analytics and Data Science through a curriculum designed by industry experts and experiential learning through projects and hackathons,” said Arjun Nair, Director Admissions, PGP-BABI.
Course Name: PGP BABI
Duration: 11 months
Tools: R, Tableau & Python
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent
Cost: Rs 2 lakh + GST
Click here to apply