Listen to this story
Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan recently launched the “AI for India” campaign with an aim to make the country the ‘AI Capital of the World’.
Powered by AWS and supported by the Ministry of Education (GoI) and AICTE, the campaign aims to evaluate, train, practice, provide internship, allocate projects, certify and employ 25 lakh Indian citizens.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
“AI for India Initiative is trying to bridge the gap between the supply and demand matrix in worldwide tech talent, with Indian students. We are changing our educational policies to skill and upskill students to make them future-ready,” said Chandrashekhar Budha, CCO, AICTE. “AI for India will empower the 21st Century generation in Arts, Commerce, Science, Architecture, Engineering, and other streams with digital education for employability and entrepreneurship,” he added.
The campaign entails:
1. National Future Engineering Scholarship Examination: Aimed for AI adoption from class 8th to 12th Students, Undergraduate/postgraduate Students and Individuals wanting to Upskill on emerging technologies.
2. All India Skill to Scale Avenue: This is for every student unconditionally who have passed out in pandemic years and have gaps in skill sets as compared with industry requirements.
3. AI Ideathon: This is to encourage students and individuals to produce ideas to solve any human centric national issue with the help of AI, Data, Cloud and allied sciences.
4. All India Data Engineering Quiz Competition: To diversify knowledge on data across domains and verticals.
5. All India Jobathon for Cloud, Data and AI Aspirants: All the participants who participate and complete any one of the above initiatives will be given a chance to appear for 100000 jobs from industries in India.
“The DataTech Labs’ is extremely privileged envisaging this campaign and contributing in skilling, building our Nation. AI for India initiative welcomes the age of blended workforce, in which intelligent technologies and humans collaborate to drive business success and the Indian economy,” said Dr Amit Andre, CEO , The Data Tech Labs.
AI for India campaign is a part of ABCDEFGHI program of GoI to impact and train students in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, BlockChain, Cyber Security, Data analytics and intelligence, Extended Reality (XR), Electronics, Energy solutions, Full stack developer, Gamification, GitHub, HTML5, Human computer interaction and IoT. Under this program, GoI envisions to train more than one crore students in these emerging areas for 3 to 6 months.
“This initiative by DataTech is an appreciable one! To give to the society in a form that builds a stronger future for the young generation, helps in building the economy and ensures India comes in the limelight as a pool of talent needs support and recognition from each one,” said AICTE chairman Anil Shahatrbudhe.