The Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar launched a new MTech course in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning to cater to the shift in the industry focus of emerging technologies.
The AI and ML courses are among the list of five new Mtech programmes and will entail basic and advanced courses in the field. As per the recent reports, the students would need a mathematical background to apply for the course.
Speaking about the development to a leading daily, Dr Somitra Sanadhya, the head of Department, Computer Science and Engineering said, “With increasing industry demand for trained manpower in the area, technology, artificial intelligence and information security, there is a dire need to have a course in mathematics and computing.”
The two-year programme will begin from the academic year 2019-2020 and will intake 15 students for the first batch.
Minimum qualification: B.Tech./B.E/MCA or M.Sc. in the appropriate area with valid GATE score in Computer Sc. and Information Technology (CS)
Minimum CGPA for the award of degree: 5.0
Credits requirement for the programme: 63
Specialization Core (21/22 credits):
- CSE Core 14 credits + at least 2 courses from Appendix A (i.e list of AI program core courses)
Elective Course credits (14 or more credits):
- Specialization electives: At least 3 other courses from electives programme
- Department/Open Elective: One additional course i.e. 3/4 additional credits (any PG elective course).
Core subjects (At least two courses): Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Fundamentals of Data Sciences, Data Mining and Artificial Neural Networks (Deep Learning)
Electives (At least three courses): Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Fundamentals of Data Sciences, Data Mining, Artificial Neural Networks (Deep Learning), Multimedia Systems, Digital Image Processing and Analysis, Computer Vision, Social Networks etc.
For more details click here
Register for our upcoming events:
- Meetup: NVIDIA RAPIDS GPU-Accelerated Data Analytics & Machine Learning Workshop, 18th Oct, Bangalore
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
What's Your Reaction?
Akshaya Asokan works as a Technology Journalist at Analytics India Magazine. She has previously worked with IDG Media and The New Indian Express. When not writing, she can be seen either reading or staring at a flower.