Listen to this story
Running from August 27 to September 09, 2022, this hackathon is targeted toward data engineering and data science professionals to tackle important problems on a deep dataset that captures the online behaviour of eCommerce shoppers. In addition, the top two scorers will get a chance to fly to Agra to attend InfoCepts Retreat from September 23–25, 2022.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
InfoCepts is a global leader in end-to-end data and analytics solutions, with nearly 20 years of experience in enabling customers to derive value from various data-driven capabilities. The company is home to a smart set of data analytics professionals who share a passion for data, deliver real customer value, grow their careers and have fun doing it.
This hackathon is your perfect opportunity to get hired by this global D&A leader!
As digital shopping trends have evolved over the past few years, eCommerce has experienced disruption. Data and analytics are playing a critical role in this transformation. Whether retailers want to personalise communication, make informed marketing decisions or provide relevant choices to customers, they are turning to data for answers. Here is your chance to leverage your data engineering skills to parse through millions of retail eCommerce data points and make sense of shoppers’ purchasing habits.
Data engineering is currently one of the most sought-after jobs worldwide, and positions in this field are very competitive. Data engineers are in charge of gathering, supplying, and managing high-quality data in order to gain insights.
The hackathon is a golden opportunity to get hired by the world’s leading data analytics firm, which has been highest rated by customers for three years in a row on Gartner Peer Insights and is recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Let the challenge begin!
The hackathon is open to data engineers, data scientists, analytics professionals, and tech enthusiasts at all experience levels. Your chance to fly to Agra to attend InfoCepts Retreat and get hired by InfoCepts awaits! You are just one tap away!
Start date – August 27, 2022
End date – September 09, 2022
- Train.csv – 5,00,00 rows x 23 columns
- Test.csv – 5,00,00 rows x 7 columns
- Sample Submission.csv — Please check the “Evaluation” section on MachineHack Page for more details on generating a valid submission.
- User session
- Total clicks
- Total items
- Total categories
- Max dwell
- Mean dwell
- Total duration
- Click rate
- Day of week
- Is weekend
- Is special day
- Time of day
- Category most viewed (n) times
- Category most viewed
- Product most viewed (n) times
- Product most viewed
- Category views frequency
- Product views frequency
- Category buys frequency
- Product buys frequency
- Is Purchase
Your submission will be evaluated using the accuracy metric. You can use sklearn.metrics.accuracy to get a valid score. The evaluation will be based on:
- The participants standing on the private leaderboard.
- The public leaderboard which uses 30% of the provided test.csv dataset.
- The private leaderboard which uses 100% of the provided test.csv dataset.
- An amazing opportunity to get hired by InfoCepts.
- The final Top 2 scorers will get a chance to fly to Agra to attend InfoCepts Retreat from September 23–25, 2022. The retreat is InfoCepts’ annual offsite where all its associates come together to learn, connect, collaborate and celebrate.
- Make sure your MachineHack profile is up to date with all the relevant information/details.
- Make sure you have gone through the ‘Rules’ section before participating.
- The participants will be eligible for the prize only if selected by InfoCepts and MachineHack.