Analytics has been an industry which is continuously seeing innovation whether it is in terms of data collection, data storage, or performing analytics on data. Fuzzy Logix, an IT product firm, has been one such organization that is contributing to change and bringing in innovation to the analytics industry.
Fuzzy Logix is a new-age in-database analytics solution that helps users in optimising their business operations. Launched in 2007, Fuzzy Logix was established with an end-goal of revolutionising data analytics by making it more efficient, accurate, valuable and cost-effective for enterprises.
Analytics India Magazine recently interviewed Suvro Banerjee, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Fuzzy Logix to understand how Fuzzy Logix is a game changer in today’s analytics industry.
Suvro has a distinguished 28-year career in the enterprise software market. At Fuzzy Logix, he is responsible for sales in the Asia Pacific region and for managing the engineering centre in Bangalore.
Here is the excerpt from the interview with Suvro Banerjee.
AIM: Tell us something about Fuzzy Logix and the journey so far.
Suvro: Fuzzy Logix was started with the vision of making Analytics more efficient, accurate, valuable to an organization, and cost less. We introduced the concept of In-Database Analytics through our product DB Lytix, whereby the Analytics engine executes inside the Data Repository (Warehouse), instead of having to move the data to the Analytics engine. We are headquartered in Charlotte, NC, USA with offices in Bangalore, India and in London, UK. We have several Fortune 500 customers running our software in production. We are continuously upgrading DB Lytix to support new technologies like Hadoop.
AIM: How do you think Fuzzy Logix is a game changer in today’s analytics industry?
Suvro: Fuzzy Logix is a game changer as DB Lytix leverages the parallel architecture of the underlying data warehouse platforms, improving speed and efficiency. This results in dramatic improvement in cycle times (500 – 1000x), productivity and costs much less than the traditional approach to Analytics by eliminating the need for a dedicated Analytics server. Thus it has brought in a revolutionary transformation in the Analytics space and provides a compelling solution specifically for Big Data applications.
AIM: Would you like to share about the fund raising activities of Fuzzy Logix and how it has been utilized?
Suvro: We have raised $5.5 million of Series A funding in Oct 2015.
AIM: What are the key differentiators in your analytics solutions?
Suvro: We introduced the concept of In-Database Analytics through our product DB Lytix, whereby the Analytics engine executes inside the Data Repository (Warehouse), instead of having to move the data to the Analytics engine. DB Lytix leverages the parallel architecture of the underlying data warehouse platforms, improving speed and efficiency, leading to dramatic improvement in cycle times (500 – 1000x), productivity and costs much less than the traditional approach to Analytics by eliminating the need for a dedicated Analytics server.
AIM: Would you like to highlight the benefits of using analytic solutions of Fuzzy Logix?
Suvro: Yes sure.
- Complex Analytics at greatly reduced cost
- Comprehensive library of 800+ algorithms
- Infinite Scalability due to In-Database technology
- Avoids data duplication and ensures data security and integrity
- Eliminates data extraction from Data Warehouse
- Extremely fast processing due to leveraging parallel architecture of Data warehouse appliances like Teradata – average acceleration of 30x-60x over traditional analytics technologies
- Because of faster throughput, data scientists are able to create very advanced models resulting in more accurate results for the business
- Compatibility with all industry-standard visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Microstrategy, etc helping customers adopt DB Lytix faster
AIM: What are the most significant challenges you have faced /expect to face in the analytics space?
Suvro: Challenges in analytics space
- a) Quality of data and Data Management
- b) Shortage of skills
- c) Understanding of business objectives and priorities
- d) New technologies – instability, defects, etc.
- e) Volume, variety and velocity of Big Data
AIM: How do you think ‘Analytics’ as an industry is evolving today? Could you tell us the most important contemporary trends that you see emerging in the present analytics space across the globe?
Suvro: Analytics is a must-have in today’s world for survival of businesses.
- Business’ expectations from analytics is expanding fast – granularity, accuracy and resilience of analytics applications
- Business decisions are increasingly dependent on analytics solutions
- Emergence of Hadoop as a viable and compelling platform
- Culture of depending on analytics for major business decisions percolating increasing number of industry verticals
- Complex analytics like sentiment analysis/text mining becoming mainstream
Provide your comments below
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
Manisha is a Senior Content Analyst with Analytics India Magazine. Apart from writing & editing articles and taking interviews, she is also responsible for covering analytics news, and handling social media for AIM. She can be contacted on email@example.com.