Organisations and Governments have initiated social distancing in order to flatten the curve of the pandemic and phenomenal efforts to ensure the safety of citizens and provide support to the impacted. This is why they have been encouraging work from home on a large scale with the focus on the health and safety of employees while running the business.
Recently, NASSCOM has released an advisory detailing business continuity and ensuring employee safety following which will provide effective business communication while maintaining safety for everyone. Here are the 5 important points listed below:
- The employees should shift all equipment such as desktops, etc. from the offices as necessary to enable work from home. The employees should test all the networks and preparedness to ensure business continuity. Also, keep the clients updated on all the steps you are taking to ensure confidentiality.
- It is important to ensure that only mission-critical functions that cannot be enabled from home due to issues of high sensitivity, network latency are operational from office.
- The employees being asked to come to work should be clearly communicated why they need to be at the office, why their contribution is important and how the organization is looking after their safety and health. Escalation contact details should be published in such communication and relevant teams should be in constant touch with these employees to assuage their concerns or issues if any.
- All workplace areas should be deep cleaned, sanitizers and masks are provided to employees that are coming to the office and public transportation be avoided to the extent possible. Medical facilities should be available as needed and employee seating should be managed with social distancing norms.
- In the case of a complete lockdown, companies are advised to communicate the force majeure applicability to their customers.