We ran the poll from 15th Sep, 2013 to 26th Oct, 2013 and received 403 responses.
Here’s a synopsis of the poll results-
Total Days Poll Ran: 42 Days
Total Voters: 403
Total Votes: 688 (This was multiple selection poll)
Average votes per voter: 1.7
- The poll intuitively makes sense. Excel should be at the top to be utilized most as an analytics tool.
- SAS continues to be the preferred statistical tool used by analytics professionals.
- R is bridging the gap with SAS and come close to be the third most used analytics tool.
- SPSS is lagging since been acquired by IBM. Comes at 5 position.
- Visualization tools ( Tableau, Qlikview, SSRS and Spotfire) comes at the bottom. One reason for their lower penetration may be high cost of ownership for just visualization capabilities. Excel continues to be the preferred visualization tool in the industry.
Register for our upcoming events:
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- WEBINAR: HOW TO BEGIN A CAREER IN DATA SCIENCE | 24th Oct
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.