Hiring, freezes & downsizing in Indian Tech Industry
There are fears in all of our minds as COVID-19 is breaking down the global supply chains and choking all aspects of life. Yet, we at Analytics India Magazine are optimistic about the future and job prospects in our fast-developing nation. While most analysts predict that the economic slowdown may decelerate hiring, it’s still crucial to keep a close tab on what’s happening across various tech firms.
The technology sector is most critical to track and with a coordinated effort, we are keeping note and visualising the hiring trends in the coming weeks. If your company or a startup is laying off staff during these difficult times, we would appreciate if you let the community know. If you are tech recruiter who is looking to hire fresh talent or will continue to hire regardless of the economic condition, we would love to know you’re doing great!
Do share the credible information that you have and keep everyone informed.
Hope this is helpful. For any queries, do email us at [email protected]
What you should know about recession in Indian Tech
Experts are raising fears about an oncoming recession and significant drop in hiring. While February 2020 was an average month when it came to job growth, what happened next shocked everyone. Within just a month, the US recorded its highest unemployment collection.
A recession generally demands that companies cut unnecessary spending from their running budgets, and this often includes tech and web development. In doing so, they seek to keep a healthy web existence with a smaller staff. While some will struggle during this downturn, some industries in tech are actually booming.
- How recession may soon affect big tech companies
- How global recession will impact the IT industry in India
- How the global recession will impact tech hiring
- Why tech firms need to reskill employees instead of layoffs to drive growth
- Top competencies employees should have to robot-proof their jobs
- What the recent big job cuts mean & how to survive a downturn in your career
- Why data science job market is better positioned for recession
- Amid mass IT layoffs, data and analytics emerges as a saving grace
- Can HR analytics solve major talent challenges in times of mass IT layoffs?
- Ensuring business continuity with AI during the recession
Disclaimer: This is a community-driven initiative and its impossible to verify the accuracy of all submissions. If you think any information is incorrect, please drop us a note at [email protected]