With the unprecedented government actions such as work from home, travel ban and other such during the COVID-19 crisis, organisations have been tackling several issues when it comes to remote access, collaboration as well as security.
One of the global leaders in enterprise digital transformation, Brillio responded this dynamic challenge by using an adaptive real-time approach which they call a “never before” scenario. The company rewrote the business continuity and crisis management playbook and within a week, Brillio deployed a virtual workforce program that enabled every one of their global employees to work from home, with little to no disruption to the business operations.
As part of the Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Brillio has anticipated the government actions and provided work from home to the employees since March 23rd. The company has been using its existing infrastructure, technology platforms, and operational policies to remote access capabilities to address the near-term challenge.
In a blog-post, Raj Mamodia, Chairman and CEO at Brillio pointed out several key-lessons from their real-time experiences, they are mentioned below:
- Lack of or too many collaboration tools and limited training on how employees should operate effectively in work from home scenario.
- No policies or procedures on how to maintain productivity at the scale of a remote workforce, once basic connectivity is established, and collaboration tools were deployed.
- Limited pressure testing of cybersecurity and infrastructure resiliency frameworks to support the volume and scale of a remote workforce.
- Little focus on human factors and ergonomics related to the health and welfare of employees working by themselves, in remote locations, for extended hours and how to minimise fatigue and repetitive motion injuries.
- No organisation guidance on maintaining social connections between employees via digital platforms to minimize loneliness and feelings of despair during a crisis.
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
A Technical Journalist who loves writing about Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. A lover of music, writing and learning something out of the box.