As the demand for AI and other emerging skills in the job market continues to grow steadily, the number of takers for the courses from the public as well as private courses are on the rise.
Owing to the demand for the course, the country’s premium technological institutes- The Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs) have also increased the number of courses offered by them leading to more vacancies for the post of assistant professors with them.
In this article, we take a look at the top five current vacancies for the post of Assistant Professors in emerging technologies like the AI and Data Science at these institutes and their requirements.
1.IIT Delhi, Assistant Professor: Data Analytics And Data Sciences
The application is open for the position of Assistant Professor in its various academic Departments, Centres and Schools and System Architect in the Computer Services Centre.
- Pay Level 12 (₹1,01,500-1,67,400) with minimum Pay of ₹101500/-. After completion of 3 years of service as Assistant Professor in Pay Level 12, the candidates will be considered for movement to Pay Level 13A1 (₹1,31,400- 2,04,700)
- Candidates with PhD but with less than 3 years experience can be considered for Assistant Professor (Grade II) in Pay Level 11 with minimum pay as approved by the Board of Governors.
- Should be a PhD holder in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences
- A minimum of three years of experience in teaching, research or professional experience and should have published works in reputed journals
- M.Tech. in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences with 5 years experience
- B.Tech. or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences or M.C.A. with 7 years experience; and
- First class or equivalent grade in all university-level degrees in respective discipline with a consistently good academic record;
- Strong academic background and work experience with computer systems or computer systems/applications software (including high-performance computing) or computer networks.
Last date for application: April 28, 2019
2. IIT Hyderabad, Asstt. Professor (Contract): Data Mining (SA Faculty/5)
Once selected in this position, the candidate will be considered for the post of Assistant Professor upon reaching the required work experience.
Pay scale: Assistant Professor (Contract) in the pay band of ₹15,600 to 39,100, PB-3 with appropriate starting pay.
Requirement: Should be below the 35 years of age
- Curriculum Vitae, list of publications (with URLs of important publications for online access)
- Proposed research and teaching plan.
- Department in which the candidate proposes to work
- Names and Addresses (with email addresses and fax numbers) of at least three referees
Last Date: The application is accepted through the year
Download the application form here
3. IIT Bhubaneswar, Assistant Professor Grade-II – Natural Language Processing
Pay Scale: Pay Level 11 (in case of more than 1 Year post-PhD experience), Minimum Pay in Pay Level ₹84,800 Approximate Gross Salary** ₹102,864
Note: candidates with less than 3 years of relevant experience (as described for Assistant Professor), may be considered for the position of Assistant Professor (Grade-II) with appropriate starting pay
Requirement: At least 3 years teaching/research/industrial/professional experience preferably in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITs, and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such Indian or foreign institutions
Last date for application: April 26, 2019
4. IIT Allahabad, Assistant Professor Grade-I and II (Contract) – Machine Learning
The application is open for candidates from Engineering/Science and Technology background in the Departments of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Information Technology and Applied Sciences
Pay scale: ₹15,600-39,100 (PB-3) with AGP of ₹6000/- + 07 additional non-compounded increments
Requirement: A PhD holder with one publication in SCI Journal
Last Date for application: May 5, 2019
5. IIT Jammu, Assistant Professor (Grade II) – Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
The Institute admitted its first batch of 82 bright students in August 2016. The initial intake of students in the first year 2016 was 90 students, 30 each in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Pay scale: Minimum Basic Pay ₹57700/- or 68900/- (Academic Pay Level 10 or 11 and Cell 1 of the Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission)
Requirement: PhD in a relevant area with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree with consistently good academic record throughout.
Last date for application: May 15, 2019
Provide your comments below
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
Akshaya Asokan works as a Technology Journalist at Analytics India Magazine. She has previously worked with IDG Media and The New Indian Express. When not writing, she can be seen either reading or staring at a flower.