The combination of smart connected devices with data analytics and machine learning is enabling a wide range of applications, from home-grown traffic monitors to sophisticated predictive maintenance systems and futuristic consumer products. While the combination brings virtually limitless opportunities, there are few challenges, such as -
- using huge data to build accurate and robust models,
- scaling the analytical models to work with an enterprise system or
- embedding intelligence in the edge device
In this session, we show you techniques for handling large amounts of data, tools used to create machine learning models as well as deploying an IoT system with data analytics without developing custom web software or servers.
- Accessing data in large text files, databases, or from the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Processing data that does not fit in memory
- Integrating online analysis and visualization using MATLAB
- Scaling IoT solutions with analytics
Date: June 15
Time: 3 pm
Presenter: Amit Doshi
Senior Application Engineer, MathWorks India
Amit Doshi is a senior application engineer at MathWorks in the area of technical computing. He focuses on data acquisition, data presentation, statistical analysis, and parallel computing. Amit has over 9 years of experience in experimental test setup development, testing and validation, workflow automation, and system simulations. He previously worked at Suzlon Energy Limited in Pune and Germany, Texas Instruments in Germany, and IIT Bombay. Amit holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and a master’s degree in mechatronics.
Register for our upcoming events:
- Meetup: NVIDIA RAPIDS GPU-Accelerated Data Analytics & Machine Learning Workshop, 18th Oct, Bangalore
- Join the Grand Finale of Intel Python HackFury2: 21st Oct, Bangalore
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.