The most preferred job of the 21st century, Data Science is taking organisations across the world by storm. The no. of available jobs in this field is close to 150,000 and salaries are higher by at least 50% vs. other IT jobs. However, there is a significant lack of talent in data science in India and around the world.
One of the leading institutes in the emerging technology and analytics space, Edvancer has been consistently ranked among the Top 10 Data Science Training Institutes in India. Edvancer is an IIT-IIM-ISI alumni venture and is the brainchild of Aatash Shah and Lalit Sachan. The institute’s goal is to provide high-quality career-oriented education with a high ROI for the student. It has till date trained more than 6,500 people in data science & AI and works with over 50 corporates to train their data science teams.
In keeping with this goal, Edvancer has recently launched the PG Program in Data Science in association with UPES (University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun), which is amongst the best-known universities in India and first in Asia to offer domain focused programs in Data Science, IT, Energy, Project Management, International Business, Aviation, Logistics and others. The PG Program in Data Science is the answer to the need for fulfilling the skill gap in the data science domain. This program is the best fit for the enthusiasts who are looking for an advanced course that packs rigour, best-in-class faculty and multiple real-world projects with large datasets to play with along with placement assistance.
As per Dr. Kingshuk Srivastava, Assistant Professor, School of Computer Science, “The PG Program in Data Science by UPES & Edvancer is one of the most comprehensive ones available in India and covers all aspects of data science. It has been specially designed for students & working professionals alike looking to gain relevant skill-sets and get jobs in the fast-growing data science space.”
Mr. Aatash Shah, co-founder at Edvancer said, “On completing the requirements of the course which includes the opportunity to work on 10 industry projects and a final exam, students will receive globally recognized certifications in Data Science, by Edvancer and UPES. The course not only covers predictive analytics & machine learning but also teaches all the modern relevant tools used in this field like Python and R using real-world case studies. Unlike other theoretical university programs, the course will also be delivered by data scientists from around the world through a live, instructor-led, online class format apart from videos.“
Why Does This Program Standout & How Will You Benefit
- You will become a full-stack data scientist with core skills in the highly in-demand areas of Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics with technical skills in Python, R & SQL.
- You get certified by UPES, one of India’s largest universities and get UPES alumni status with 100% placement assistance by both Edvancer & UPES.
- You get to work on 25 case studies and 10 real projects to create a Data Science project portfolio to establish your skills and credibility and attract recruiters.
- Gain hands-on knowledge through the problem solving based approach of the course with 70% practical, industry created content.
- Edvancer provides 24×7 lifetime access to online videos and content for repeated learning & refreshing. Go through the videos and reading material to revise and also prepare for interviews.
- Top-class faculty from premier companies like EY, Fractal, Accenture etc & UPES. Edvancer’s faculty have between 3-10 years of experience in data science and have trained thousands of students.
- Get 100% placement assistance with a 50%-100% jump in your salary on getting placed.
- The program is extremely affordable versus other similar PG programs in the market. Also the EMI facility makes it very affordable for almost anyone.
What You Will Learn
The core modules included in the curriculum are Business Analytics in R, Machine Learning in Python, Data Analysis in SQL and is backed by real-time projects and weekly assignments. The program will cover the basics of statistics and advanced statistical techniques followed by basics of machine learning and all relevant machine learning techniques. The program also extensively covers tools used for large-scale data analysis & machine learning such as R, Python and SQL. Meanwhile, the real-world projects will provide relevant hands-on experience and allow them to put concepts to practice. The last module will be a domain specialization offered by UPES with various domains like logistics, BFSI etc.
Hands-On Learning Experience
A key proposition of this program is the 10 real-world Data Science projects which will provide the learners with the much-needed hands-on learning experience in tackling the data science problems across various sectors. The below-mentioned are examples of some of the projects across industry domains created by students:
- Healthcare: Predict patient re-admission risk for a hospital chain based on their medical history data.
- BFSI: Identify fraudulent transactions for a credit card providing company to create an early warning system to prevent frauds in real-time.
- Retail: Identify locations where a retail giant’s new stores should be opened and will do well.
- BPO: Create a machine learning system which will automatically pick out customer complaints most likely to be unresolved and escalate them.
- Real Estate: Predict property prices and help the prop-tech startup’s agents close deals quicker.
The Placement Assistance Process follows 4 steps which are mentioned below:
- Post-certification, there will be resume design, content and correction.
- Multiple job opportunities will be sent through email every month
- CVs & applications sent to the chosen company and shortlisting will be done.
- Scheduling for the test and interviews will be done with interview preparation
Students will be able to fetch on the experience of eminent faculty who have delved in the complex world of analytics and have extensive industry and research experience. The faculty who are the program managers are Dr Kingshuk Srivastava who is the Assistant Professor- School of Computer Science at UPES and Lalit Sachan who is the Co-Founder and Head of Data Science at Edvancer. Apart from them the classes will be taken by working data scentists from companies like Flipkart, TCS, Dell, EY, American Express, Vodafone, Fractal Analytics, Jio, Course5i etc.
300 Hours Of learning & projects
Mode of learning:
Live Online Classes
In the Live Online Classes, an aspirant will learn from the best data science faculty around the world without moving from home. Some of the key features of this mode of learning are mentioned below.
- Learn through 150 hours of live online classes on weekends with 150 hours of assignments & projects.
- Get the benefits of learning from home through fully interactive, online classes.
- Learn R, Python, SQL, Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning in this comprehensive specialization course.
- Interact and ask your questions and doubts to the faculty in the class like a normal class.
- Get 100% placement assistance post-certification to get into a career in data science.
- 24×7 lifetime access to the course content and all recorded videos of your classes.
Self-Paced + Faculty Support
In the Self-Paced+ Faculty Support learning mode, an aspirant will get complete flexibility in learning without compromising on content or doubt clearance. Some of the key features of this mode of learning are mentioned below.
- Learn through 150 hours of online class recorded videos and 150 hours of assignments & projects.
- Learn easily at your own time and pace from anywhere.
- Learn R, Python, SQL, Predictive Analytics & Machine Learning. All content is the same as the live class option.
- Get all your doubts and queries cleared by faculty through forums, emails and scheduled calls.
- Get 100% placement assistance post-certification to get into a career in data science.
- 24×7 lifetime access to the course content and all recorded videos of your classes with no time limits or deadlines.
- The candidate must have completed graduation or in the final year of any graduation discipline.
- It is not mandatory to have a maths or programming background. However, comfort with learning maths and programming will be required.
R, Python, MySQL, Tableau
- Live Online: ₹79,990 + GST
- Self-Paced: ₹46,990 + GST
AIM Last Word
Edvancer is one of the top most data science training institutes in the country and provides a range of courses to meet every need and requirement of the industry and the person’s career stage. The PG Program in Data Science offered by Edvancer in association with UPES is an excellent and comprehensive offering in the field of data science and analytics. The 150 hours of learning packs a rigorous education for the enthusiasts who wish to delve deep into the data science domain and create careers in it. The admission for this program goes on a rolling basis throughout the year.