Data science jobs are one of the highest paying jobs of this decade. The democratisation of analytics tools, along with the rise in reading resources, has drawn more attention towards this thriving sector. In India, data science jobs are on the rise as every company from startup to industry leaders are incorporating algorithmic solutions into their workflows.
In this article, we bring you top 10 data science jobs that are trending in India:
Data Science Consultant at ZS
Exp: 2-4 yrs
ZS’s Business Consulting group partners with clients to design and deliver solutions to help them tackle a broad range of business challenges.
Data Science Consultants (DSCs) are responsible for the design, develop and execute high-impact analytics solutions for large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help clients make better fact-based decisions.
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, plus 2-4 years of relevant post-PhD work experience;
- Experience with big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.);
- Relevant programming background (e.g. Java/Python/R);
- Strong understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and database systems.
Technical Architect / Associate Architect – Big Data @ Ugam
Exp: 10+ yrs
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading next-generation analytics company helping B2B and B2C enterprises make superior decisions. Ugam’s customer-centric approach blends data, technology, and experts, resulting in impactful and long-tenured relationships with more than 75 Fortune 500 companies. The company offers a comprehensive set of IP-led analytics, digital solutions, and proven AI / ML capabilities applied across verticals.
Ugam seeks to nurture the brightest minds and the boldest thinkers, and they have an interesting line up of big data jobs. Here’s one:
- Expertise in Java and big data technologies
- Experience between 10 to 14 years
- Experience in Storm, kafka, Elastic search, Hbase, Hive
- Experience in front end technologies like Angular
- Expertise in distributed frameworks – Apache Spark, Flink
- Hands-on experience in designing cloud solutions
- Worked on databases ( SQL – MySQL, Oracle DB ; NoSQL databases [Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB])
Data Scientist II at Groupon
Exp: 4+ yrs
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, at any time. They are enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories, including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and lively events.
- Analyse structured/unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights.
- Interact with product and business teams to identify questions and issues, and translate it into data science problems.
- Understanding of probability and statistics, linear algebra, basic optimisation techniques, etc.
- 4+ years of work experience as a data scientist or a related role
- Python/R with expertise in machine learning related packages
- Expert in SQL with experience in data warehouse technologies like Teradata
- Experience with Tableau
Data Scientist at Apple
Exp: 5-8 yrs
The AppleCare Online Support analytics team is seeking a data scientist for their online support programs. The data scientist will help in defining, executing, and identifying insights that can influence new support strategies.
- Industry experience in a data science role, in the areas of data mining, machine learning, statistics and BI visualisations.
- Experience in customer support, preferably online support. Exposure in defining meaningful metrics for a customer support business.
- R, Python, Tableau and SQL.
- Knowledge of logistic regression, multiple linear regression, factor analysis, structural equation modelling, ANOVA (design of experiments), time series methods, etc.
- Knowledge of SVM, neural nets, random forest, K-means clustering, K nearest neighbour, association rule learning etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
Data Scientist at Walmart Labs India
Exp: 5 yrs
Data Science Foundation is first of a kind initiative within Walmart, which provides fundamental data science solutions through algorithmic APIs that can be leveraged at Walmart scale. Our vision is to democratise data science solutions through reusable services for everyone within Walmart.
- Masters with years of relevant experience OR PhD in Statistics/Mathematics with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in analysing complex problems and translate it into an analytical approach
- Experience in statistical learning.
- Experience in forecasting, classification, data/text mining, NLP, decision trees, adaptive decision algorithms, random forest, search algorithms, neural networks, deep learning algorithms
- Experience with R and Python.
- Experience with statistical tools (R studio, Revolution R, Python notebooks)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, data warehouse platforms (Teradata), NoSQL databases
- Experience with Hadoop(Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, HQL)/Spark/H2O.
- Hold data science-related patents.
- Experience with GPU/CUDA for computational efficiency.
Data Scientist @ Adobe
Exp: 10 yrs
Adobe’s AI/ML Platform & Solutions (AMPS) team in Bangalore is developing microservices for delivering better personalisation, managing ad spends and generating content insights using AI/ML and data science at its core.
- 10+ overall industry experience with at least 4+ years applying data science to real-world applications
- Deep understanding of probabilistic and statistical methods, linear algebra and optimisation.
- Broad machine learning experience – algorithm evaluation, preparation, analysis, modeling, and execution.
- Good understanding of reinforcement learning, graphical models, HMM and/or deep learning methods
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing
- Experience with Spark or Map Reduce, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure to AWS/Azure is a plus
Data Scientist @ Prescience Decision Solutions
Exp: 5-10 yrs
The ideal candidate would be an experienced data scientist who can lead some of our data science, ML and AI initiatives. The person should have experience in solving data science-related problems, working with business stakeholders to define the right problem statement and solution.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc. Experience in working with common data science business problems like clustering, classification, anomaly detection, prediction etc.
- Exposure to NLP, image processing is an advantage
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms. Expertise in Python / R
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualisation tools like Tableau, Power BI
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Great communication skills
- Master’s in computer science with overall 5-10 years of experience.
Manager- Analytics @ Tredence
Exp: 7 yrs
Tredence differentiates itself from other analytics services firms by enabling last-mile adoption of insights. We drive true business impact by uniting our strengths in business analytics, data science and software engineering. We help our clients deliver on the artificial intelligence imperative, in a practical and demystified way.
- At least 7 years of experience in analytics with a minimum 3 years hands-on experience in any SQL, R or Python
- Hands-on experience in solving structured/unstructured problems by applying statistical techniques and/or machine learning methods
- Knack for creating compelling visualisation; be it slides, dashboards or any user interface
- Experience in managing a team with demonstrated capability to motivate, influence and coach/mentor
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into an analytics problem statement.
Data Scientist @ Narayana Health
Exp: 2-4 yrs
Founded in 2000 by Dr Devi Prasad Shetty and headquartered in Bengaluru, Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited is one of the leading healthcare service providers in India, operating a chain of multispecialty, tertiary and primary healthcare facilities.
The advanced analytics & AI team of NH conceives and develops solutions across a spectrum of domains in business intelligence, clinical intelligence, ML, and AI.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/ Engineering, Statistics, Math or related quantitative degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of work experience as a data scientist with hands-on technical experience
- In-depth understanding of statistical concepts, image processing techniques, machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Expertise in extracting, analysing and interpreting a variety of data – structured and unstructured
- Expertise in Python/R
- Competence in ML/DL Packages (e.g. scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Reasonable competence OpenCV, PIL, SimpleITK, SQL.
Data Scientist @ BotIQ
Exp: 5-7 yrs
BotIQ™ is an AI startup based out of Palo Alto, CA. BotIQ ™, a patented automated AI SaaS platform for both real-time streaming and batch data. BotIQ’s unique novel intelligence will allow users to select either autopilot mode or active mode for machine and deep learning.
- Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the software/tools.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Python, SQL,Scala and Java.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, social network analysis, strong background in statistics or econometrics: regression analysis, causal inference, time series analysis, GLM, logistic regression, probability theory, regularization, and interest in machine learning algorithms.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and principles (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning), and their application.
- Applied experience with deep learning algorithms such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, and LSTM.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch, and strong experience in at least one of those.
- Knowledge of Python’s quantitative packages: pandas, sklearn, matplotlib, etc.