With 22 factories and 11 R&D centres, Siemens is determined to turn India’s untapped potential into continual progress. For around 90 years now, Siemens has been associated with the growth of emerging India. Be it modernising India’s infrastructure, enabling greener power generation or empowering hospitals with cutting-edge healthcare systems, Siemens in India is playing a major role in creating a sustainable future for the country.
Here are few job openings at Siemens’ Bengaluru centre which require a variety of skills ranging from image processing, NLP, algorithm designing and data analytics:
Lead Research Engineer – Decentralised and Intelligent Systems Design
A lead research engineer will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges.
- PhD Or M tech in Computer Science (or related fields) with relevant work experience of 2 – 7 years.
- Blockchain technologies: Ethereum, Hyperledger, Big Chain DB
- Understanding of cloud computing and cloud-native development methods like microservices architectures and associated patterns. Knowledge of modern DevOps methods and tooling.
- A good understanding of distributed and P2P algorithms including graph algorithms, non-blocking data structures, leader election, fault-tolerant consensus.
Lead Research Engineer – AI & Industrial Data Analytics
A data analytics research engineer will analyse large, complex data sets by developing advanced machine learning and deep learning pipelines based on business initiatives and the ability to build theoretical models as well as build innovative, practical and robust real-world solutions for problems in Oil & Gas, Manufacturing and Process Industries.
And also demonstrate outstanding ability to drive innovation and research in the form of patents and publishing papers at top-tier conferences/journals.
- An advanced degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics, or a related quantitative discipline is an asset.
- Strong background in data science including statistical analysis and modelling, data mining, machine learning, uncertainty analysis, time series forecasting, working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Proven experience in oil & gas and power generation or manufacturing preferred.
Research Engineer – ML for Simulation
A research engineer will implement advances available in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing for custom programs. And, interface with Siemens internal customers and provide AI/ML/NLP based solutions for their needs.
- Excellent programming skills, with 2 to 4 years of programming job experience.
- Python and familiarity with libraries like NLTK/Numpy/MatPlotLib/Keras/Tensorflow
Lead Research Engineer – Semantic Web & RDF
A knowledge graph expert on our team you will have to research, develop and maintain tools used to architect, create, debug, analyse and maintain industrial knowledge graph. And, search for product data sources, to use your tools to integrate, disambiguate and keep consistent the entire knowledge graph structure.
- PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with grass-roots experience of 2+years in architecting data analytics and machine learning applications using knowledge graphs.
- Experience in semantic web related specifications and tools, knowledge graph consistency and coherency checking.
- Python, Java, basic HTML
- Experience in Experience with ETL processes and tools
- Experience of property graph formalism (e.g. Neo4j, Gremlin, Tinkerpop).
Lead Research Engineer – Computational Imaging
A computational imagine engineer will develop and optimise algorithms for detection and analysis of imaging features acquired using multi-spectral imaging technologies, conduct initial proof-of-concept experiments for assessing the feasibility of imaging device ideas.
- Post-graduate degree (PhD is preferred) in science/engineering in a field related to image processing, pattern recognition and/or computer vision
- 3+ years of relevant experience in algorithm development in at least 3 of the following areas: image segmentation, feature extraction, multi-spectral imaging, analysis, signal processing, pattern classification, computational photography, image analysis
- C/C++, Python
- Experience in Machine Learning is highly desirable
- Basic understanding of optics, lighting, and digital image acquisition is a plus
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
What's Your Reaction?
I have a master's degree in Robotics and I write about machine learning advancements. email:firstname.lastname@example.org