Take the AIM Quiz and test your knowledge about PARAM supercomputers.
- Which great scientific institution was PARAM was built in?
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Harish-Chandra Research Institute
Indian Institute of Science.
- 2. Who led the creation of India’s first supercomputer – PARAM?
- Why did the US stop the export of the American Cray supercomputer?
The US suspected India will use the supercomputer for the development of nuclear weapons.
The US stopped manufacturing Cray supercomputers.
The US stopped exporting hardware in general.
The US suspected India will start copying the design of Cray supercomputer.
- Which Indian prime minister summoned Vijay Bhatkar to build India’s first supercomputer?
- Where was CDAC based, where the institution that built India’s first supercomputer built?
- When tested what was the strength of Indian supercomputer, PARAM?
- What is the meaning of PARAM (the name of India’s first supercomputer)?
Supreme / First
2. Answer: Vijay Bhatkar. He is an Indian computer scientist best known as the architect of India’s national initiative in supercomputing where he led the development of PARAM supercomputers.
4. Answer: Rajiv Gandhi
5. Answer: Pune
6. Answer: PARAM 8000 was benchmarked at 5 Gflops, making it the second-fastest supercomputer in the world at that time.
7. Answer: The meaning of “PARAM” is Supreme / First.
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
As a thorough data geek, most of Abhijeet's day is spent in building and writing about intelligent systems. He also has deep interests in philosophy, economics and literature.