Technical content writing is now becoming one of the quickest ways to express yourself online. With noted portals like Analytics India Magazine and Curious Dose looking for fresh takes on sought-after topics related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science and IoT, among others, more and more people are choosing this route to express themselves online.
Keeping this in mind, the AIM Writer’s Programme has been created to promote thoughtful ideation and give a strong voice to our diverse body of readers. The programme is designed in a way to give our participants an understanding of the sector and empower them with opinions about business analytics and emerging tech from a unique India perspective.
The idea behind the AIM Writers Programm is to empower emerging tech writers to:
- Become a Contributing Author at Analytics India Magazine
- Ideate with AIM’s noted Editors
- Gain a better understanding of the Emerging Tech industry
- Come up with unique perspectives on subjects that are crucial to the industry
- Get yourself exposed to a wide range of people through digital journalism and networking
- Interact with mentors and get perspectives on leadership
Perks Of Being A Contributor:
After a thorough understanding of the AIM stylesheet and guidelines, you will earn the title of a Contributing Author, who writes for the portals regularly. Regular Contributing Authors will also receive Accomplishment Certificates and complimentary tickets to AIM events and meetups. And if you start writing for AIM with regularity, you will be offered a permanent position as an Analyst with the AIM team.
Here are some other advantages of data scientists or tech writers expressing themselves online include:
- Confidence: Content writing is the perfect option for persons who are not comfortable in sharing their thoughts and ideas face-to-face. While presenting an idea in a blog or an article format, the data scientist may find a clear, calm voice to showcase his/her opinions. It is a great way to boost your own confidence.
- Reach Out To The Community: Data science is a community which is spread far and wide — and the only thing that can hold it together in a meaningful manner is the World Wide Web. When you put out your ideas in writing on AIM or CD, they have a chance to go far and wide and be implemented or used by someone. By reading each other’s ideas, data scientists can grow and learn from each other.
- Validate Expertise: As data scientists work on real-world problems more and more, they learn little tricks of the trade. For example practising data scientists have their own way of handling tasks like data cleaning, checking missing values, then checking for correlations between features within data in an optimal manner, unique to them. Therefore, when you share your insights about such unique topics, it will automatically establish you as an authoritative figure in the data science ecosystem.
- Create Opportunities: Platforms like AIM and CD which showcase features, news and stories only on emerging tech like AI, IoT or data science are few and far between. That’s why when you write on these topics, you’ll automatically gain the attention of the players in this market. From employers, head-hunters to practising data scientists and even CXOs, most of the players in this field are hungry for more relevant content in this industry. Writing about a topic you would like to be viewed as an expert in, can illustrate to readers, employers, and your network, that you are are skilled and knowledgeable.
- Build Your Brand: Isn’t it wonderful when someone Googles your name and the first thing they see is not your LinkedIn or Facebook profile? It is great when employers or even peers see you as a contributor to a noted website like AIM or CD. It adds more credibility to your profile and shows that you are in with all the right people in the industry.
To participate in the AIM Writers Programme, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Prajakta is a Writer/Editor/Social Media diva. Lover of all that is 'quaint', her favourite things include dogs, Starbucks, butter popcorn, Jane Austen novels and neo-noir films. She has previously worked for HuffPost, CNN IBN, The Indian Express and Bose. You can reach her at email@example.com