Each year we come out with our study of Analytics firms in India. The goal is to put numbers into the scale and depth of how various organizations around analytics and related technologies have surfaced in recent years.
Here’s our annual study for this year.
- Read Analytics India Companies Study 2016
- Read Analytics India Companies Study 2015
- Read Analytics India Companies Study 2013
- Read Analytics India Companies Study 2012
- Last year has since the biggest jump in the number of companies in India working on Analytics in some shape and form. More than 5,000 companies in India claim to provide analytics as an offering to their customers. This includes a small number of companies into products and a larger chunk offering either offshore, recruitment and training services.
- There is growth rate of almost 100% year over year in the number of analytics companies in India from last year.
- Moreover, the number of analytics companies in India are still very few in number, compared to the strength of analytics companies around the globe. In fact, India accounts for just 7% of global analytics companies. This is down from 9% last year.
- On an average, Indian Analytics companies have 179 employees on their payroll.
- It is an increase from an average of 160 employees since last year.
- On a global scale, this is quite a good number, as analytics companies across the world employ an average of 132 employees
- Almost 77% of analytics companies in India have less than 50 employees compared to 86% on a global level.
Home » Analytics India Companies Study 2017
- Delhi/ NCR trumps Bangalore to house the most number of analytics firms in India this year, at almost 28%.
- It is followed by Bangalore at 25% and Mumbai at 16% analytics companies.
- Hyderabad, Chennai and Pune are far behind with their percentages of analytics companies in single digits as reflected in the graphs above.
- However, these numbers seem to have not changed much since last year.
Provide your comments below
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.