Technology is changing rapidly, and it has significantly influenced the way we preserve the world. As a result, the words used to describe – particularly technical blogging – have noticeably become integral parts of the product life cycle, research and development, and building competitive advantage.
In a bid to encourage more and more people towards technical blogging/writing, Intel®, in association with MachineHack, is set to launch a two-month-long oneAPI Blogathon Contest from March 16 to June 15, 2022. This is a purely technical blogathon, where Intel® is encouraging participants to create meaningful content, with the utmost brevity, on given topics, such as oneAPI, Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data-Parallel C++ (DPC++), Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit etc.
The blogathon will be a great opportunity for participants to not only showcase their skills and expertise on Intel® oneAPI tools but also advance their knowledge about Intel® oneAPI products and services, as the participant will have to research the subject to gain a deeper understanding. In addition, the entries will be a gateway for new contributors to become productive members of the Intel® community.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our editors every weekday evening as they steer you through the most significant news of the day, introduce you to fresh perspectives, and provide unexpected moments of joy
The best entries will stand a chance to win prizes worth INR 3 lakh, iPad mini, Amazon gift vouchers and more. Sounds exciting, right?
All you need to know about “oneAPI Blogathon Contest”
- Start Date: March 16, 2022, at 6:00 PM
- End Date: June 15, 2022, at 6:00 PM
- Winners Announcement: June 10th, 2022
- Participants need to upload the blogs (with a minimum of 1000 words and with #oneAPI hashtag) on the MachineHack platform and Medium and propose them on Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel for the Intel® team to review.
- Participants will also be receiving likes & views on their blogs from various readers on the MachineHack platform, Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel & Medium.
- In addition, the candidates will have the chance to answer a few oneAPI related questions, as an advocate, on Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel to get additional points and improve their ranking.
Note: If you are relatively new to the story category, we recommend you attend bootcamp/tutorials in the ‘category’ section and the materials in the link to understand and learn more about oneAPI and on-demand recordings to upskill on Intel® AI toolkits offerings.
Technical writing on the following topics:
- Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++)
- Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit
- Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
- Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
- The entry should be original (unique, not plagiarised) and material (not a republication) published between March 16, 2022, to June 15, 2022 (both dates inclusive).
- The blog must have in-depth technical content containing examples, technical details, and useful & working source code.
- The blog must contain relevant scenarios and use cases on the Intel® oneAPI topics.
- Do not submit more than one entry per category.
- The entry should be in English.
- oneAPI Blogathon contest is open only to South Asia Countries [India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka] Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia Countries [Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand]
- The entry should not have multiple authors.
- A combined editor panel from Analytics India Magazine and Intel® Team will assess the entries.
- The cumulative score will factor in the number of likes and views the entries received on the MH platform and the evaluation by the Intel® and Analytics India Magazine team.
Note: MachineHack, Analytics India Magazine and Intel® reserve the right to publish and share the content on Intel® online resources, newsletters, and social media.
- Submissions from multiple accounts will lead to disqualification. Judges will only entertain submissions from one account per participant.
- No ghostwriting. Discrepancies will lead to disqualification.
- More than 5% plagiarism leads to disqualification.
- The minimum word limit is 1,000.
- Participants must use the hashtag #oneAPI while publishing the blog on MachineHack, Medium and Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel.
- The article must contain code examples and explanations with screenshots.
- Participants can submit as many entries within the competition timeframe (one entry per category – in total of 6 entries).
- Only use Intel® oneAPI, oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), its toolkits & components.
- The articles must be reshared in Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel: https://stackoverflow.com/collectives/intel and Medium, Github, dev.to OR any other blogging platform.
- Write a technical blog or article on one of the categories while covering instances, scenarios or case studies of oneAPI, Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit, Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit, Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit, and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
- Employees from Intel®, Intel® subsidiary and its partner, MachineHack and Analytics India Magazine cannot participate in the blogathon.
- Submit your story with your blog details on or before June 15 2022.
- The expert panel (from Intel® & MachineHack) will review the content and rate the submissions. The winners will be announced in June 10th, 2022.
- Top 3 entries will get iPad mini (64 GB)
- The next 25 entries will get Amazon vouchers worth 5000 INR.
oneAPI Blogathon Contest by Intel® & MachineHack has been designed to provide a lot of exposure and experience to participants on Intel® oneAPI products and services and help them become productive members of the growing Intel® community, which in turn will help participants in their future career endeavours.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are a tech blogger or just good at expressing your technical knowledge with words, then register now for this blogathon contest here.