Technology is changing rapidly, and it has significantly influenced the way we preserve the world. As a result, the words used to describe – particularly technical blogging – have noticeably become integral parts of the product life cycle, research and development, and building competitive advantage.
In a bid to encourage more and more people towards technical blogging/writing, Intel®, in association with MachineHack, is set to launch a two-month-long oneAPI Blogathon Contest from March 16 to June 15, 2022. This is a purely technical blogathon, where Intel® is encouraging participants to create meaningful content, with the utmost brevity, on given topics, such as oneAPI, Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data-Parallel C++ (DPC++), Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit etc.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
The blogathon will be a great opportunity for participants to not only showcase their skills and expertise on Intel® oneAPI tools but also advance their knowledge about Intel® oneAPI products and services, as the participant will have to research the subject to gain a deeper understanding. In addition, the entries will be a gateway for new contributors to become productive members of the Intel® community.
The best entries will stand a chance to win prizes worth INR 3 lakh, iPad mini, Amazon gift vouchers and more. Sounds exciting, right?
All you need to know about “oneAPI Blogathon Contest”
- Start Date: March 16, 2022, at 6:00 PM
- End Date: June 15, 2022, at 6:00 PM
- Winners Announcement: June 10th, 2022
- Participants need to upload the blogs (with a minimum of 1000 words and with #oneAPI hashtag) on the MachineHack platform and Medium and propose them on Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel for the Intel® team to review.
- Participants will also be receiving likes & views on their blogs from various readers on the MachineHack platform, Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel & Medium.
- In addition, the candidates will have the chance to answer a few oneAPI related questions, as an advocate, on Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel to get additional points and improve their ranking.
Note: If you are relatively new to the story category, we recommend you attend bootcamp/tutorials in the ‘category’ section and the materials in the link to understand and learn more about oneAPI and on-demand recordings to upskill on Intel® AI toolkits offerings.
Technical writing on the following topics:
- Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++)
- Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit
- Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit
- Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit
- Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit
- The entry should be original (unique, not plagiarised) and material (not a republication) published between March 16, 2022, to June 15, 2022 (both dates inclusive).
- The blog must have in-depth technical content containing examples, technical details, and useful & working source code.
- The blog must contain relevant scenarios and use cases on the Intel® oneAPI topics.
- Do not submit more than one entry per category.
- The entry should be in English.
- oneAPI Blogathon contest is open only to South Asia Countries [India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka] Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia Countries [Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand]
- The entry should not have multiple authors.
- A combined editor panel from Analytics India Magazine and Intel® Team will assess the entries.
- The cumulative score will factor in the number of likes and views the entries received on the MH platform and the evaluation by the Intel® and Analytics India Magazine team.
Note: MachineHack, Analytics India Magazine and Intel® reserve the right to publish and share the content on Intel® online resources, newsletters, and social media.
- Submissions from multiple accounts will lead to disqualification. Judges will only entertain submissions from one account per participant.
- No ghostwriting. Discrepancies will lead to disqualification.
- More than 5% plagiarism leads to disqualification.
- The minimum word limit is 1,000.
- Participants must use the hashtag #oneAPI while publishing the blog on MachineHack, Medium and Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel.
- The article must contain code examples and explanations with screenshots.
- Participants can submit as many entries within the competition timeframe (one entry per category – in total of 6 entries).
- Only use Intel® oneAPI, oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), its toolkits & components.
- The articles must be reshared in Intel®’s Stack Overflow channel: https://stackoverflow.com/collectives/intel and Medium, Github, dev.to OR any other blogging platform.
- Write a technical blog or article on one of the categories while covering instances, scenarios or case studies of oneAPI, Migrating from CUDA* to oneAPI Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit, Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit, Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit, and Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
- Employees from Intel®, Intel® subsidiary and its partner, MachineHack and Analytics India Magazine cannot participate in the blogathon.
- Submit your story with your blog details on or before June 15 2022.
- The expert panel (from Intel® & MachineHack) will review the content and rate the submissions. The winners will be announced in June 10th, 2022.
- Top 3 entries will get iPad mini (64 GB)
- The next 25 entries will get Amazon vouchers worth 5000 INR.
oneAPI Blogathon Contest by Intel® & MachineHack has been designed to provide a lot of exposure and experience to participants on Intel® oneAPI products and services and help them become productive members of the growing Intel® community, which in turn will help participants in their future career endeavours.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are a tech blogger or just good at expressing your technical knowledge with words, then register now for this blogathon contest here.