Tableau, one of the leading analytics platforms, has just concluded its annual conference from 9-12 November 2021, focused on celebrating the power of data and the opportunities analytics can bring.
The conference introduced new and future innovations to help anyone, anywhere, work with any data through collaborative analytics, AI-powered insights, trusted data at scale and an expanded platform and ecosystem. The event also showcased customers like Lyft, the Seattle Seahawks and Jaguar Land-Rover, who shared how data culture is helping them succeed in the digital-first world.
“Helping people see and understand data is what drives us,” said Francois Ajenstat, Chief Product Officer, Tableau. “Whether you’re an analyst, business person, IT manager or developer, we’re making analytics easier, faster and more actionable for anyone, anywhere. By bringing analytics directly where work happens, making it smarter and more actionable, and enabling self-service data management, we will enable more organizations to build a data culture and drive analytics success.”
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
At the conference, Tableau introduced new and future product innovations; the company is also strengthening the Tableau Economy – a growing ecosystem of businesses, partners and people leading the world’s data transformations.
Some of the key highlights include:
Download our Mobile App
Making analytics more collaborative and accessible by bringing innovation to where people work. Slack-First Analytics will help everyone access insights from Tableau directly from Slack.
- Ask Data in Slack allows anyone to talk to their data. Customers can ask questions using natural language and automatically get rich data visualizations as answers.
- Explain Data in Slack helps customers understand the “why” in their data with AI-driven explanations behind the trends in a dataset.
- Einstein Discovery in Slack provides predictions in the flow of work. Business people can run AI predictions on their most important business data to get intelligent predictions that identify leading causes and produce actionable recommendations on the next steps.
Expanding Business Science capabilities to empower customers to not only see and understand data but to drive better decision-making through the latest AI technologies.
- Model Builder enables business teams to collaboratively build and consume predictive models using the Einstein Discovery engine without having to leave their Tableau workflows. With Model Builder, people can build models to help them predict and plan for their future sales.
- Scenario Planning will help customers make better decisions by comparing alternative scenarios, building robust models and understanding expected outcomes, all supported by Einstein AI.
Expanding the Tableau platform and ecosystem with a series of new innovations to help customers become data-driven; partners grow a valuable business; developers easily build analytics into every app; data people build their careers and deliver insights into the flow of business.
- Tableau Exchange is an evolution of Tableau’s Extensions gallery and is Tableau’s hub of integrated products, solutions and service offerings. It provides customers with a one-stop-shop to browse offerings that can help jump-start their data analysis.
- Accelerators can be found in the Tableau Exchange and help speed time to value with relevant, pre-built dashboards that broadly spans industries, lines of business and even specific Salesforce Clouds.
- The Hire Me button in Tableau Public helps members of the data community connect to professional opportunities. With this new button, prospective employers can connect directly with authors.
- Tableau Actions makes it easier to turn insights into action by adding context and interactivity to customers’ data. Our upcoming innovations include Tableau Actions for Salesforce Flow, which brings the power of the Salesforce Flow workflow engine to advance a business process, enabling customers to take action directly anywhere in Salesforce.
- Enhanced embedded offerings make it easy for customers and partners to embed Tableau dashboards, Ask Data, and Metrics into their applications and make any app an analytical app.
- Connected Applications gives site administrators the ability to set up a trusted relationship with virtually any external service using standard protocols. This will help customers streamline user authentication while prioritizing security and ease of use.