Data science is no longer just an upcoming technology in today’s modern workplace. Almost every aspect of an enterprise now depends on smart usage and analysis of data. As more companies bolster their analytics and data science capabilities, they are aggressively hiring professionals with sound technical knowledge. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that the number of job openings in the data science sector is only increasing.
There has been an overall growth in the number of jobs in the analytics and data science ecosystem with India contributing to 6% of open job openings worldwide. The total number of analytics and data science job positions available in India were 97,000+ earlier this year. Out of these, 97% of the job openings are on a full-time basis while 3% are part-time or contractual.
Taking a look at this trend, there are scores of data science programmes in India to choose from. However, to truly get one’s money’s worth, the student should not only look at the curriculum and faculty, but also the capstone projects and placement opportunities.
How To Choose The Right Programme
This is where the full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science (PGD-DS) by Manipal Academy of Higher Education, with Jigsaw Academy, comes into the picture. With an imminent institute like MAHE and No.1 Data Science Institute in India like Jigsaw Academy joining hands with Equifax, one of the largest consumer credit reporting agencies in the world, the programme is a great solution for any candidate who wants to make a serious career in data science and analytics. In fact, the Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science course is consistently ranked among the ‘Top 3 Analytics Courses in India’ by us, 3 years in a row.
The 11-month-long PGD-DS programme is designed to get the learners employed by providing them with a broad understanding of the basic and advanced concepts of data science. The training will enable learners to implement big data techniques using tools critical and industry-relevant tools like:
- Apache Spark
The data science course is spread over 11 months and is designed in such a way that students will be job-ready by the end of it. After completing the rigorous training, the learner will be equipped for a successful career in the following domains:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Deep Learning
- Data Science
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
The PGD-DS programme by MAHE and Jigsaw Academy will help the learners understand and use big data technologies as enablers to deploy enterprise information management and solve business problems. It will also empower the students to learn artificial intelligence and neural network that emphasises the creation of intelligent machines.
EXPLORE TOP EDUCATION
- TOP 10 DATA SCIENCE TRAINING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 PART-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 FULL-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDIA
- TOP 10 CYBERSECURITY COURSES IN INDIA
As an educated candidate who has all the required technologies in his/her arsenal the PGD-DS graduates will successfully be able to communicate analytics problems, methods, and findings effectively. This will, in turn, help companies make critical decisions through analysis, modelling, visualisation.
Home » What Makes Manipal Jigsaw’s Postgraduate Program In Data Science One Of The Best Full-Time Data Science Courses In India?
PGD-DS Programme USPs
- Flexible learning by delivering the Data Science course through interactive sessions with industry experts
- Immersive classroom sessions, complemented with assignments and case studies during after-class hours
- 3 Months Internship / Capstone project mentored by faculty members and Industry experts
- Case-based learning, flip classrooms and Hands-on projects
- Guaranteed Placement, with the highest package on campus being ₹12 lakh/annum and the lowest one being ₹6 lakh/annum
Programme At A Glance
Location: Bangalore & Hyderabad
Program Start Date: 20 January 2020
Duration: 11 Months (8 Months Classroom + 3 Months Internship/Projects)
Course Type: In-Person Program
Fees: ₹4,95,000 + GST (without hostel); ₹6,15,000 Lacs + GST (with hostel)
Placements: Guaranteed (T&C Apply)
Certification: Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Jigsaw Academy
Key technical learnings: R, Python, Tableau, Excel, SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Apache, Spark, Storm
– Graduates with minimum 50% marks from a recognised institute/university with either mathematics, statistics or programming as a subject in qualifying degree can apply
– Applicants will be required to clear the pre-admission online test and interview
– Students graduating by January 2020 can apply too
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is synonymous with excellence in higher education and is among the Top 3 private institutions in India. MAHE was conferred as an Institute of Eminence by University Grants Commission (UGC) in July 2018. A member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, MAHE has nearly 2500 faculty and almost 10,000 other support and service staff, who cater to the various professional institutions in health sciences, engineering, management, communication and humanities.
About Jigsaw Academy
Jigsaw Academy is a global award-winning online analytics and Big Data training provider headquartered in Bengaluru, India. Founded by the duo of Gaurav Vohra and Sarita Digumarti, Jigsaw Academy has been instrumental in shaping the careers of over 50,000 learners in 30+ countries by helping them build a successful career in emerging technologies with specialized industry oriented courses. The domain experts and educators at Jigsaw Academy offer meticulously structured courses with industry-relevant curricula. Jigsaw Academy trains professionals in the areas of Analytics, Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning, Business Analytics, and more recently, Cyber Security and Cloud Computing.
- Established as an online school of analytics in Bengaluru, Jigsaw Academy has grown to become a pioneer in data science training
- Recognized as No.1 among the “Top 10 Data Science Institutes in India” in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019 by Analytics India Magazine
- Awarded the prestigious “Partner of Excellence Award 2019” by NASSCOM
- Learning partners – IIM Indore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, University of Chicago Graham School, HackerU Israel
- 400+ years of combined faculty experience
Provide your comments below
Prajakta is a Writer/Editor/Social Media diva. Lover of all that is 'quaint', her favourite things include dogs, Starbucks, butter popcorn, Jane Austen novels and neo-noir films. She has previously worked for HuffPost, CNN IBN, The Indian Express and Bose.