The Punjab Skill Development Mission and IIT Ropar have collaborated to offer a free course in artificial intelligence and data science to the youth of Punjab. The classes will be held via an online conferencing platform by IIT professors and industry veterans.
The program is open for Class 12th students with a mathematics background. After the successful completion of the course, students will get a certificate from IIT Ropar. The admission process is as follows:
- Step 1: Attempt and clear A-DSAT (Online eligibility test)
- Step 2: Enroll in the L2 Program
- Step 3: Students who clear the L2-Program will be eligible for the L3 Program
It will have two module-based programmes:
- L2 Program (Four weeks) – This is a module-based program in which students can opt as per their interest in areas like computer vision, natural language processing, and others. This twenty-day program will be followed by a capstone in which they need to implement a real industry problem; after successful submission of the capstone, they will get certified.
- L3 Program (Twelve weeks) – This sixty-day program will give complete in-depth knowledge about the concepts. There will be multiple assignments in the course to ensure whatever the candidates are learning can also be implemented with perfection.
Students will learn from IIT Ropar academicians in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and several experienced industry practitioners. Faculty have created the learning content and assessments for the program from IIT Ropar and other practising Artificial Intelligence experts from the industry.
IIT Ropar will provide the course content (soft copy) after every class. For every class, there will be pre-read, class content, and assignments. Apply here for the course.