Listen to this story
RStudio has announced a new partnership with Azure ML to deliver RStudio WorkBench on the Azure platform. RStudio, an integrated development environment (IDE) for programming language R, provides open source and enterprise-ready professional software for data science, scientific research, and technical communication.
“RStudio is very pleased to work with the Azure Machine Learning team on this release, as we collaborate to make it easier for organizations to move their open-source data science workloads to the cloud. We are committed to helping our joint customers use our commercial offerings to bring their production workloads to their preferred cloud platforms,” said Tareef Kawaf, President, RStudio PBC.
The partnership will allow data scientists to use the RStudio Workbench in conjunction with their Azure data sources and other Azure ML capabilities.
Rstudio Workbench supports direct code execution, and tools for plotting, history, debugging and workspace management RStudio Workbench is the ideal platform for code-first data science development. With this offering, data scientists can start a single-user instance of RStudio Workbench from within their Azure ML environment as part of the machine learning lifecycle.
With RStudio Workbench, data scientists can:
- Program in R or Python in your preferred IDE (RStudio, VSCode, JupyterLab, Jupyter Notebook)
- Build models with your favourite open-source tools such as the tidyverse and Shiny
- Access pre-installed packages to support your data science work
- Improve data connectivity via the RStudio Pro Drivers
- Run scripts in the background as local launcher jobs
- Select multiple versions of R and Python
- Open multiple R and Python sessions
- Receive end-user support