Analytics being hot field right now in India, there is obviously a fair amount of job switching among the talent pool. Companies that were the early adopters of analytics as a service offering, end up being the analytics talent providers to the industry as a whole.
In this independent study, we tried to access the top 10 firms that provided analytics talent pool to Indian industry and also see some numbers around it. The 10 firms by our estimate are
- ICICI Bank.
These 10 firms provided 19% of analytics talent pool in India today. In other words, 19% of analytics professionals in India today have worked for these 10 firms in the past.
The most interesting fact here is that the analytics professional that moved out of these firms are almost twice the number of analytics professionals they house today. On a rough calculation, these numbers point out at an industry attrition rate of around 15%, assuming mature analytics offerings since past 10 years.
We also tried to capture background of analytics professionals in India.
- Almost 45% of Analytics hiring in India is fresher’s hiring, i.e. recruit professionals straight out of college and train them on analytics and related services.
- 23%, and this is the interesting part, analytics professionals in India moved to analytics from other services. These are the internal transfers in the bigger firms, i.e. professionals that earlier were working in other related areas and moved sideways to analytics.
- 19% of analytics professionals moved to their current firm from the 10 firms listed above.
- The rest 13% are from other firms apart from the one’s listed above.
Register for our upcoming events:
- WEBINAR: HOW TO BEGIN A CAREER IN DATA SCIENCE | 24th Oct
- Machine Learning Developers Summit 2020: 22-23rd Jan, Bangalore | 30-31st Jan, Hyderabad
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Our annual ranking of Artificial Intelligence Programs in India for 2019 is out. Check here.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.