A good data scientist should have a mix of knowledge in statistics and coding with an add-on of visualization and storytelling. There are several tools available in the market that caters to the field of analytics. To build up the right skillset it is imperative that a professional gets the right resources. It’s been our constant endeavor to bring to you the best in the field of analytics. Our Annual ranking is a step in this direction.
Through our Annual ranking we bring to you the top analytics education institutions in the country by meticulously going through the institutes and their offerings. It is a complex process based on research to get the correct information about the required parameters and then the ability to use the information to present you the right outcome.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
Please note that this is a courses ranking by B-Schools in the country. We publish a separate Analytics training institutes ranking which is completely separate from this ranking. We acknowledge that slotting the training institutes with the B-School providing analytics courses in the same list is not right comparison. Thus, these are 2 separate and unique rankings. More importantly, we do not intend to rank these B-School in totality but just a specific analytics course by them.
The institutes are ranked on the following parameters:
- Course content
- External collaborations
- Course Delivery/Virtual Labs
- Placement Assistance,
- Events etc.
This year we got more than 15 B-Schools taking part in this ranking. We take into account students as well experts feedback to carve out this cherry-picked ranking of just 10 courses.
Read our latest ranking: Top Executive Analytics Courses in India – Ranking 2020
The Great Lakes Business Analytics program has been created in collaboration with corporate partners and senior professionals in analytics industry. The program has delivered around 1,75,000+ learning hours and the schedule and delivery is designed keeping in mind the time constraints and learning requirements of working professionals.
The Great Lakes Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics equips candidates with the skill sets required for managerial, techno-functional roles in analytics. Its curriculum has been uniquely designed to meet these features and provides exposure to relevant tools like SAS, R & Tableau. The PGPBA program provides the right exposure to real world applications, ensuring that the professionals are equipped to apply their learning in the industry. The industry oriented pedagogy, hands-on exposure and highly acclaimed faculty help the candidates gain analytics competencies thereby preparing them for business and techno-functional roles in analytics.
The PGPBA program is currently being offered across three locations in the country: Gurgaon, Chennai, Bangalore.
The program consists 230 hours of classroom sessions + 110 hours of online sessions delivered by Great Lakes faculties and industry professionals from the field of analytics. This ensures that the program imbibes Great Lakes academic elegance and industry’s business relevance, thereby providing the candidates with a remarkable learning experience.
ONLINE – LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
All candidates have access to the online LMS that hosts content (classroom recording, discussions forums, assignments, reading material) and live webinar to enable the candidates continue their learning during off campus. The LMS provided and innovative learning environment that encourages collaborative approach between the candidates thus paving the way for maximizing learning effectiveness.
This program is designed to transform candidates to business ready analytics professionals through hands on experiential learning on relevant tools. This is achieved through an experiential learning format wherein participants practice exercises and assignments on software package such as SAS, R and Tableau.
All candidates would be pursuing an industry project in the field of Business Analytics. The project is mentored and jointly evaluated by faculty from Great Lakes and Industry leaders. The project is presented to the faculty board as part of the requirement for successful completion of the program.
2. Certificate Programme on Business Analytics and Intelligence – IIM Bangalore
The 1 year long duration program consists of eight modules and a project. The duration of each module is usually 5-6 days except for module 2 (2 days) and module 7 (2 days).
Students are expected to do a group project as part of this course based on a real-life problem/data. The project pre-work should start around October and should roll out by January. It will be supervised by an IIMB faculty member and must be wrapped by May with a project report submission. The Institute encourages students to publish cases studies based on their course project.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the emergence of business analytics as a competitive strategy.
- Understand the foundations of data science; the role of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics in firms.
- Analyze data using statistical and data mining techniques and understand relationships between the underlying business processes of an organization.
- Learn data visualization and storytelling through data.
- Learn decision-making tools / Operations Research techniques.
- Use advanced analytical tools to analyse complex problems under uncertainty.
- Manage business processes using analytical and management tools.
- Use analytics in customer requirement analysis, general management, marketing, finance, operations and supply chain management.
- Learn analytics through case studies published by IIMB at the Harvard Business Publishing
- Understand sources of Big Data and the technologies and algorithms for analyzing big data for inferences. Ability to analyze unstructured data such as social media data and machine generated data.
One of Europe’s top b-schools, SDA Bocconi, and Jigsaw Academy, launched a 10-month Executive Program in Business Analytics (EPBA) for professionals earlier this year. This was a unique combination of management principles backed by analytics training.
SDA Bocconi is currently ranked at #7 in the world for its MBA program, and Jigsaw Academy is ranked #1 in India for its analytics training courses. The program will be conducted at Bocconi University’s campus in Mumbai. Upon completion, the participants will receive certification in business analytics from the SDA Bocconi School of Management.
The course provides a deep understanding on all relevant disciplines of business analytics, including statistics, machine learning, time series, R, SAS, Big Data (Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, HBASE, SPARK and Oozie), visualization, text mining, web analytics and digital marketing. In addition, it also focuses on its application across sectors and functions including Telecom, Banks, Retail, Healthcare and Insurance as well as areas such as Finance, Marketing, and Operations.
The programme involves more than 280 hours of training, including 120 hours of in-person training held over six three-day modules at the MISB Bocconi campus in Mumbai. In the interim, Jigsaw Academy also conducts 24 live online classes for a total of 60 hours, which participants can attend from any convenient location. In addition to the live online and in-person classes, participants will also have access to over 100 hours of pre-recorded video lectures on data science and big data analytics for 12 months.
4. Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics – Praxis Business School
The program has 9 months of classroom training followed by campus placements. The curriculum with 500+ hours of classroom interaction with additional hours of case studies, projects and assignments focuses on offering a comprehensive analytics experience in the following:
- Technology Skills: an understanding of tools like Excel, SQL, R, SAS, Hadoop, Python, MongoDB (NOSQL), Amazon AWS (EMR / EC2), QlikView and Tableau that are commonly used to extract, analyse and visualize data
- Analytical Skills: knowledge of statistical modelling, data mining and machine learning techniques and the ability to create predictive models
- Applying analytics to business situations: an understanding of business functions like marketing, finance, operations and the application in verticals like BFSI, retail, web, telecom
- Communication and Visualization Skills: the ability to tell an effective story
This industry supported program is co-created and co-delivered with knowledge supporters ICICI Bank and PwC. 35% of the courses are delivered by practitioners from organizations like PwC, ICICI Bank, Abzooba, Ericsson Global, HP and IBM.
Praxis Placement Program
Praxis takes ownership of facilitating internships and final placements upon successful completion of the program.
Recruiters include Abzooba, Axis, BRIDGEi2i, Genpact, Happiest Minds, HDFC, Hewlett Packard, HSBC Analytics, ICICI, ICTEAS, IDC, ITC Infotech, Karvy Analytics, Kie Square, Millward Brown, PwC, ValueLabs etc.
Praxis Analytics alumni have transitioned into companies like Cardekho.com, Dell Analytics, Fidelity, IBM, Lowe’s, Quikr.com, Target, TCS, Walmart Labs, WNS and are performing with distinction.
Aegis Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics & Big Data is India’s first true Data Science program of globally acceptable 45 credit unit offered in association with IBM. This program is designed by IBM’s subject matter experts & leading Data Scientists for developing highly skilled business Analyst, Data Scientist, Big Data Advisors, consultant, big data developers etc. This program provides hands on exposure to participants on various Big Data tools, real-life Big Data and Data Science projects at Aegis Big Data Product Factory, IBM Business Analytics and IBM Cloud Computing Lab.
- Certification from IBM at the completion of the course.
- IBM has setup an IBM Business Analytics Lab.
- This Program is core technology MS program and NOT an inferior cousin of MBA/PGDBM programs in Business Analytics. Unit spread over 11 months that includes 2 month
- Program gives you freedom to choose career in different areas like: Big Data Advisory/ Consulting; Technology/ Development; Pre Sales/ Enterprise Sales
- Tools, S/W and Platforms: Hands on exposure on IBM DB2, IBM Cognos TM1, IBM Cognos Insight, IBM InfoSphere Big Insight, IBM Worklight, IBM BlueMix, R, Python, SAS, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, EC2, ElasticSearch, Tableau, EMR, AWS, Weka etc
- Live Projects: work on Capstone projects, consulting assignments and live projects from industry like Churn Predication, Call drop analysis from leading teleco; NLP projects, consumer analytics, sentiment analysis etc at Aegis Big Data Product Factory as part of the program.
- The curriculum caters to the various skill requirements of eCommerce, Telecom, Banking, Computer Services, Education, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, Automobile etc.
- Cloud Learning Management System: Online classes is conducted through world class LMS on cloud called mUniversity.mobi All video lectures, study material, ebooks, business cases available on LMS.
- Course Modules taught by IBM: (i) Business Intelligence using Cognos BI (ii) Big Data Analytics using IBM InfoSphere Big Insight and (iii) Enterprise Performance Management using IBM Cognos TM1
- Scholarships: Deans Scholarship for Women in Technology Leadership; Aegis Graham Bell Award Scholarship for Big Data Products for startups; Data Science. These scholarships will provide 100% funding for tuition fee.
6. Post Graduate Certificate in Predictive Business Analytics – Bridge School of Management
BRIDGE School of Management is a flagship business school launched via a joint venture between HT Media Ltd. & Apollo Global, Inc. (USA). Apollo Global (www.apolloglobal.us) is one of the world’s leading higher education providing companies.
The certificate program has been specially created for India by academicians from Northwestern University and top industry experts using real-world problems and situations. The Northwestern and Bridge School initiative combines online content developed and taught by Northwestern faculty with weekly in-person sessions led by local specialist faculty at the Bridge School’s learning centers.
- Apply analytics tools to real-world business contexts for improved decision making
- Assess the strengths and limitations of analytics and predictive modeling techniques for different business applications and varying data conditions
- Acquire hands-on experience working with leading statistical tools and software packages (such as R) in predictive modeling and the visual analysis of results
- Effectively communicate the actionable insights stemming from analytical work to multiple stakeholders
- Strategically navigate technology tools and trends to solve big data and analytics problems
- Manage data strategies and analytical projects.
7. Certificate Program in Big Data and Analytics (BDAP) – SP Jain School of Global Management
BDAP is designed to explore, analyze and unravel the complex, unstructured data-driven world. The program kicks of with 10 core courses that build a strong foundation for the second stage of the program, which incorporates more in-depth and application-based learning. Given the need for specialist knowledge, it provides a range of courses in topics like data mining, machine learning, visualization techniques, predictive modeling, and statistics.
The programme content builds on basic concepts, teaches tools and technologies that are currently prevalent in industry and progresses to cutting edge-topics like machine learning and Natural Language Processing.
On completion of the program students would have learned to apply quantitative modeling and data analysis techniques to solve real world business problems, successfully present results using data visualization techniques, demonstrate knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilized in business decision-making, apply principles of Data Science to the analysis of business problems, use data mining software to solve real-world problems and employ cutting edge tools and technologies to analyze Big Data.
The program is delivered by a faculty that is an equal mix of academicians and industry practitioners with a key proportion of overseas instructors thus lending the course a global perspective.
8. 2-year Full time PGDM Programme with Analytics Specialization – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
NMIMS, Bangalore offers industry leading specialization in Analytics for its PGDM programme. Students in the second year of the programme can opt for this specialization. It also offers Marketing, Finance, Operations and HR as other specializations. The second batch of this specialization is running now. The first batch was well received by industry and the students are absorbed in organizations like Citibank, Infosys, mu-sigma, GENPACT, iGate, Netapp, Fidelity etc.
Through this specialization, NMIMS trying to educate Analytics professionals who are well equipped with Management functions and Data Science. The coverage of the specialization is extensive as it got Tools, Techniques, Functional and Industry related courses.
The Analytics specialization stream consists of twelve (12) courses (and a workshop) spread across 3 trimesters in the 2nd year of the PGDM program. It is expected to cover the knowledge areas expected of an Analytics professional viz. tools, techniques and functions. Additionally, a course titled ‘Business Analytics for Decision Making’ is compulsory for all students in the institute.
The programme is conducted live in the class room at the campus at Bangalore. The delivery consists of classroom lectures and interactions, case discussions, workshops and analysis of live industry problems. The institute got license to SAS software and hence, most of the data analysis and modelling is conducted on this platform.
9. Executive Program in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence – IIM Ranchi
“Executive Program in business analytics and business intelligence (Saturday to next Sunday with one week leave)” is specially designed to provide inputs which will equip the participants with analytical tools and prepare them for corporate roles in analytics-based consulting.
These inputs will provide a basis for the participants to channelize their analytical thinking in appropriate directions, besides, enhancing knowledge. The skills so acquired may be effectively utilized in their day-to-day work and thereby promoting the quality of business decisions.
Objectives of the Programme
- To enable the participants to understand and use the tools and techniques for business analytics and business intelligence.
- To enable the participants to make use of large volume of data for meaningful business decisions and strategy
- To impart hands-on-experience with various softwares, like, (i) R, (ii) SAS (iii) Python (iv) SPSS
Pedagogy of the Programme
The participants will learn the concepts and implications of business analytics & business intelligence through class room lectures, interactive discussions, case studies and hands-on-experience. Both conceptual and practical sides will be addressed.
The course is suitable for those with analytical aptitude and would like to start new career in analytics. The course is also appropriate for those who are working in business analytics and business intelligence to enhance their knowledge and skill.
10. PGDM with Specialization in Business Intelligence and Big data – IMT Ghaziabad
This is a unique course which prepares you for the world of work in analytics in companies. Students having opted for this course in the previous years have found placement offers from leading companies, the designations include Data analyst, Business development Manager, and Business Analyst and research analyst. The course gives you a blend of industry knowledge, concepts and experiential learning through collaborative teaching by industry experts. Take the first step in joining the course; we will then help you to complete the journey into a person well-versed with the art and science of analytics.
The pedagogy will be a mix of lectures, experience sharing, real life case discussion, assignments and industry/research based projects. The course is focused on strategic issues with cases as the primary vehicle for learning. In addition to the reading materials, additional readings and cases will be distributed in the class from time to time. Students are also expected to prepare and analyze all the cases as class participation is very important. There are four main pillars in the course pedagogy, namely, (a) lectures-cum-PPTs to share the conceptual frameworks; (b) experience sharing through collaborative teaching by industry experts; (c) hands-on Statistica Data mining tools, computer-lab based; and (d) case studies of leading organizations selected from Harvard Cases and other sources. The course requires a high degree of interactions in the class on part of the students and feedback on their hands-on work is provided by industry experts.
View & Download the complete report