India is adopting digitisation at a phenomenal speed. This growth has been accentuated by the subsidised prices of mobile phones and cheaper internet data rates.
Last year, Indians downloaded 12.3 billion apps and are spending up to 17 hours per week on social media platforms, which is more than the US and China.
With the technology only moving forward, it becomes necessary to employ people who can handle the rigours that come with the job. That would mean the loss of traditional jobs and the introduction of new ones. Professional social media website LinkedIn predicts that the following jobs will be the most sought after in the coming years:
This field gained huge popularity after the success of cryptocurrency. The bulk of the information is stored in a ‘block’ (collection of digital data) and each block is connected to the other through chains. Data is chronologically organised and publicly stored. The data stored this way is ‘timestamped’ and cannot be tampered with. India ranks 6th in blockchain patents.
- Skills required: Basic knowledge of blockchain and Etherium, Truffle, Solidify.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Information technology, Finance, Software development, Hospitals and Healthcare services, etc.
- Prime locations in India: Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 5,00,000 – 30,00,000 per annum.
2. Artificial Intelligence Specialist:
All industries, including the major ones (Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Google, etc.), are developing their own AI. The goal is to make problem-solving simpler and to make the workforce more efficient by developing computer software that functions like a human but without any inefficacy. A lot of work needs to be done to train an AI, therefore, the demand for AI specialist is on the rise. AI is said will reshape the digital landscape in the future.
- Skills required: Mathematics and other related streams (probability, statistics, algorithms, etc.), knowledge of basic programming languages (Java, C++, Python), through knowledge and understanding of Unix tools (cat, sort, cut, etc.)
- Top Recruiting Industries: Information and Technology, Software, Business and Finance.
- Prime locations in India: Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 6,00,000 – 50,00,000 per annum.
3. Robotic Process Automation Consultant:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is generally employed in areas which are labour intensive. Software robots handle operations previously performed by humans. Such operations are carried out automatically without any intervention. The job of a consultant is to figure out the best possible areas where RPA can be used or coming up with strategies to fully utilise the RPA.
- Skills required: UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Process Automation, SQL.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Information and Technology, Accounting, Computer Software, Management Consulting.
- Prime locations in India: Bangalore, Mumbai.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 10,00,000 – 20,00,000 per annum.
4. Robotics Engineer (Software):
Robotics Engineer develops software that makes the automation more human-like. An example is an AI-controlled chatbox. With humans becoming obsolete, Robotics Engineers work to make the workspace more human but without humans. They are the ones who develop the software being used by the RPA processes.
- Skills required: Robotic Process Automation (RPA), UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, SQL, Robotics.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Electrical and Electronic Manufacturing, Computer Software, Industrial Automation, Automotive, Information and Technology.
- Prime locations in India: Chennai, Gurgaon, Bangalore.
- Average Salary in India: Starting salary of Rs 3-4 lakhs.
5. CyberSecurity Specialist:
The most important function of a CyberSecurity Specialist is to protect the digital information and the software system during its developmental stages from external threats. They locate and eliminate any and all hindering anomalies or menacing entities. They develop security programmes and software for the entire organisation and protects the same from data theft or illegal extraction.
- Skills required: Vulnerability Assessment, Network Security, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Penetration Testing, Information Security.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Management Consultant, Banking and Finance, Accounting, Computer and Network Security, Computer Software, Information and Technology.
- Prime locations in India: Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 23,00,000 per annum (average).
6. Python Developer:
Home » Mission 2020: Top 9 Upcoming Jobs In India According To LinkedIn
Python developers are usually engaged in creating server-side web applications, making sure that the front-end functions smoothly. The web applications are linked to web services, they merge the front-end with the Python application. Their job entails data collection and analytics.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Computer Software, Finance, Marketing and Advertisement, Information and Technology, Internet.
- Prime locations in India: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 5,00,000 per annum (approx.)
7. Back-end Developer:
For back-end developers, the emphasis is on databases, scripting and framework of the website. Codes written by them help users access the information from their database and communicating the same onto the browser. They create web applications and make sure that the application carries out its intended function.
- Top Recruiting Industries: E-learning, Information and Technology, Computer Software, Internet, Finance.
- Prime locations in India: Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 20,000 per month (approx.)
8. Site Reliability Engineer:
Ben Traynor’s comment best explains Site Reliability Engineering – “SRE is fundamentally doing work that has historically been done by an operations team, but using engineers with software expertise and banking on the fact that these engineers are inherently both predisposed to, and have the ability to substitute automation for human labour. In general, an SRE team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Skills required: Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Docker Product, Ansible.
- Top Recruiting Industries: Marketing and Advertising, Computer Software, Telecommunications, Information and Technology, Finance, Internet.
- Prime locations in India: Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 11,50,000 per annum (approx.)
9. Full Stack Engineer:
- Top Recruiting Industries: Information and Technology, Marketing and Advertising, Finance, Internet, Computer Software.
- Prime locations in India: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore.
- Average Salary in India: Rs 6.25.000 per annum.
Provide your comments below
J.D. Salinger and O'Henry are my favourite writers. I love history and politics and like to write occasionally.