Vertica has announced the release of its new unified software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering, Vertica Accelerator. The service runs on AWS and delivers high-performance and scalable analytics as well as end-to-end, in-database machine learning to organizations that require the right level of resourcing, management, and control for each analytical use case, all built on the new Vertica 11 Unified Analytics Platform.
“In a race to become more data-driven, companies are adopting cloud-based managed services to run their analytics, but they are shocked by the lack of control and skyrocketing bills. Vertica Accelerator delivers the fastest analytics as a service to organizations with complete control – customers leverage their own negotiated pricing with AWS and get to determine their performance levels based on their needs while also leveraging Vertica’s built-in auto-scaling to avoid bill shock,” says Colin Mahony, GM and SVP of Vertica, Micro Focus.
William McKnight, President, McKnight Consulting Group, said, ”Vertica Accelerator runs in a customer-provisioned cloud account, so that all data and compute resources are on your cloud account. Vertica experts can directly communicate with your database, providing tuning, monitoring, and upgrades. And you keep control over data and can fully apply a security and compliance model”.
Key Highlights and benefits of the Vertica Accelerator include:
- Analytics that scales – As your data and analysis needs grow – more users, more use cases, more data — Vertica Accelerator grows with you.
- Faster analysis – Finish queries in seconds or minutes, not hours. Accomplish analytics use cases you thought impossible.
- Easy administration – All upgrades, backups, and installation are handled for you via the Vertica management plane – designed, built, and maintained by Vertica experts — so that you can focus on your analytics and machine learning.
- Availability Zone (AZ) failover and automatic node recovery – Spend more time getting value from your data and less time with administration as you scale to more use cases and higher data volumes with fewer resources.
- Autoscaling and Auto Scheduling – Ramp up compute automatically, but with user-defined guardrails to avoid high surprise bills.
- Data democratization – Get database access for all analysts and data scientists without worrying that other workloads will slow you down.
- Onboarding service with Vertica experts – Vertica experts provide you with a personalized onboarding experience to ensure you get the most out of your analytics experience, including cross-account linking and ongoing monitoring and upgrades.
As the Vertica Accelerator runs on AWS public cloud infrastructure in a customer’s own AWS account, it provides the ability to preserve all negotiated pricing and commits spend while automating the setup and management of the Vertica environment.
Vertica provides its Unified Analytics Platform across all major public clouds and on-premises data centres and integrates data in cloud object storage.
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
Victor is an aspiring Data Scientist & is a Master of Science in Data Science & Big Data Analytics. He is a Researcher, a Data Science Influencer and also an Ex-University Football Player. A keen learner of new developments in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, he is committed to growing the Data Science community.