For a company to thrive irrespective of the domain, research is one of the most important things to consider. When it comes to data science, the domain is so vast that organisations, as well as educational institutes across the world, are investing heavily in research and development.
In this article, we list five latest data science research fellow jobs in India that you can apply for right away:
1. Junior Research Fellowship/Senior Research Fellowship/Research Associate @ IIT Kharagpur
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur on 26 September 2019 announced that the institute is looking to onboard a best-suited candidate for the position of Junior Research Fellowship/ Senior Research Fellowship/ Research Associate. Also, the selected candidate will be ₹47,000 per month (depending upon qualification & experience)
MIRIAD — Many Incarnations of Screening Radiology for High Throughput Disease Screening Via Multiple Instance Reinforcement Learning with Adversarial Deep Neural Networks(NNA)
- For Junior Research Fellowship: B. Tech/BE in EE/EC/IN with project/thesis in Image/Signal Processing. A valid GATE score is desirable.
- Senior Research Fellowship: M. Tech/ME/MS in EE/EC/IN with a thesis on Image/Signal Processing or Machine Learning. A valid GATE score is desirable.
- Research Associate: PhD in Medical Image Analysis or Machine Learning or Machine Vision.
- Also, the candidate must have experience in programming with Python, Pytorch/TensorFlow, CUDA/cuDNN, MKL/mklDNN.
- Research Associate applicants are expected to have published in topical Transactions/Journals/Conferences like IEEE TMI, TIP, TSP, MedIA, CMIG, SPIE JBO, MICCAI, ISBI, etc.
Note: Application Deadline is 14 October 2019, and the number of vacancies is 1.
2. Researcher – Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems @ Bosch, Bengaluru
Bosch’s Research and Technology Center at Bangalore is looking to hire researchers who would be working with top-tier universities worldwide and corporate partners in machine learning for topics related to pervasive computing/intelligent systems. The centre focuses on research in Internet technologies, computer vision and embedded real-time systems.
- PhD in any of the areas: Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems, Pervasive Computing, Context-Aware Systems, IoT Data Analytics — from reputed Indian institutes like IISc, IITs, IIITs, etc. or from reputed international institutes
- Should have a strong track record of publications in the areas such as Computer Science, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical etc. and related branches with a background in Machine Learning
- Must have experience in programming with Python, R, Java
- Should be able to design experiments and create proof-of-concept deployments
3. AI Centre Postdoctoral Fellow @ Microsoft, Bengaluru
Microsoft Research (MSR) India is a leading body when it comes to developing and deploying technologies for socio-economic development. MSR right now is accepting applications for its AI Centre Postdoctoral Fellows Program.
As an AI Centre Postdoctoral Fellow, the candidate would have to spend 1 to 2 years at MSR India and get a chance to receive ongoing guidance and mentoring from an experienced researcher at Microsoft Research. The candidate would collaborate effectively with other researchers, product development teams and external collaborators.
Candidates who have completed their PhDs can apply for this position.
4. Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow @ Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
IISER Bhopal recently announced that the institution is looking to hire candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow. Talking about the salary, Junior Research Fellow will get ₹31,000 per month and Senior Research Fellow will get ₹35,000.
Computational studies of membranes and membrane proteins. The project is highly interdisciplinary in nature and will integrate the knowledge of Molecular Dynamics Simulations and Machine Learning techniques.
- For Junior Research Fellow: MSc/MTech/BTech degree from a recognised institute with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.5 and above in one of the following disciplines: Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences. The candidate must have Mathematics both at the 10+2 and Bachelors level
- A valid score in GATE or CSIR-UGC NET (JRF/LS) or any other equivalent national level exam is desirable
- For Senior Research Fellow: Minimum two years of research experience as JRF
Note: The Application deadline is 2 October 2019 and the number of vacancies is 1
5. Senior Research Scientist @ Rakuten, Bengaluru
Japanese electronic commerce and Internet company, Rakuten is looking to hire a Senior Research Scientist for Rakuten India, Bengaluru. As a research scientist, the candidate would not only be responsible for the systematic study of the latest research and industry developments in Artificial Intelligence but would also work on solving complex business problems of global organisations by applying AI, ML and NLP techniques, especially Deep Learning and/or Reinforcement Learning.
- The candidate should be a PhD/MS. in statistics, mathematics, computer science, Machine Learning or related areas
- Should have hands-on experience in ML, Deep Learning and AI
- Experience with TensorFlow, Keras, Theano and/or PyTorch
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Harshajit is a writer / blogger / vlogger. A passionate music lover whose talents range from dance to video making to cooking. Football runs in his blood. Like literally! He is also a self-proclaimed technician and likes repairing and fixing stuff. When he is not writing or making videos, you can find him reading books/blogs or watching videos that motivate him or teaches him new things.