The data science job market is growing in the Indian subcontinent to be one of the biggest sources of new jobs in the country. Driven by government influence on the state of AI innovation in the country, more and more companies are looking to expand and hire new data science talent.
Keeping that in mind, here are the top 5 hottest jobs in the analytics field today.
This position is for Bhubaneswar. The candidate should be willing to work at least 1 year from Bhubaneswar office. For candidate’s family staying outstation, we give 1 return airfare per month.
We are a start-up with an ambition to bring a disruption in the analytics industry. For the time being, our industry focus is limited to Energy (including renewable), Utilities and Smart City. Unless you have the urge to do something bigger, you are not fit for this.
We are looking for a machine learning expert/data scientist to support a critical client requirement. Compensation is not a constraint for the right candidate. You will work with founders and will grow much faster than the industry average.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience on machine learning and should be doing designing and coding now
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you will take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models for the client requirement
- Should have very strong hands-on exposure into Machine Learning, Analytics, Big Data, Java, Python, R, Spark & Hadoop etc.
- Should be able to develop a model with quickest turn-around time given the requirement
- Should have the interest to learn new technology, new industry segment and experimentation
- Should be able to collaborate with the customer in identifying the requirement and developing the solution quickly
- Must be a good trainer to enable junior resource to come up to speed quickly
- Should be a good team player
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering Computer Science, Mechanical related branches.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent programming skills R and SQL with 4 to 5 Years exp.
- Good Knowledge in python and SPSS
- Good knowledge in OOPs concepts
- Experience in writing algorithms and automating the manual tasks
- Experience in dealing with large amounts of data and report generation
- Good Mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge on Automotive Industry is a plus
One of India’s largest Job Portals is building a solid data science team in Delhi NCR. A small team (5-6 person) to begin, with excellent visibility and support from senior management – this is a fantastic opportunity for a hands-on data engineer with a solid idea of databases, data science, and the connection between the two. The lead data engineer will work closely with the Chief Data Scientist, the data science team and the technology team to bring the ML algorithms to life. He or she will also work with algorithms, based on their interest and abilities.
Strong coding skills in Python, experience with databases, cloud, with SOLR search and working with large data sets is essential.
The team will work like a start-up but with the stability of being a part of a very large, nearly a century old firm. Your day-to-day challenges will include working with a large resume database and creating algorithms to match the right jobs with the right candidate – and work with the data science team to make sure that there is no gap between the tech and models.
This is not a junior level role and applicants are expected to have a sound knowledge of these methods. Neither is this a ‘management’-type role, where team management is the only job – you have to be a hands-on geek with solid database and Python skills.
Brontominds designs and develops systems to analyse unstructured “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client’s product enhancement
- Interacts with and queries Cross-Functional Teams to identify issues with data analysis, experiments and significance
- Develops algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources
- Develops software programs and analytics models using Machine Learning tools for predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Supports the creation of visual graphics to adequately analyse historical data and display trending
- Supports evaluation of third-party analytics algorithms and analytics framework
- Gathers customer requirements for data analytics, data modelling, and data visualisation
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree – masters or PhD – strongly preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Sciences
- 1-3 years of experience in Data Science
- Big Data – Hadoop, Spark, R
- Experience in developing REST APIs and Batch Scripts
- Statistics modelling and algorithms
- Machine Learning Experience – including deep learning and neural networks, exposure to various platforms
- Expertise in features engineering, building, and optimising classifiers using ML techniques
- Data Visualisation and analysis tools including R and Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a high degree of work ethics
Shortlist works in India and East Africa to help growing enterprises hire based on skills and potential, rather than pedigree. The Shortlist platform screens candidates using predictive chat-based interviews and online competency-based assessments, letting employers skip the most time-consuming and bias-prone phases of hiring.
The company is on a mission to unlock professional potential and match talent with opportunity. With 3 years into operations, we are finding out fundamentally new and better ways to leverage data points way beyond the CV skills, interests, aspirations, work styles, and so much more. We’ve now worked with 200 companies across India and Kenya, and have data on nearly 500,000 job seekers, and now is the time we want to invest in building out a data team to make sense of this and pioneer new ways to make matches between young professionals and their dream jobs.
- Work closely with the CTO and leadership to solve statistical and business problems
- Develop & code production-grade novel algorithms for our business-experimentation platform.
- Manage, Develop, maintain and market the business experimentation suite at Fractal
- Conduct research and prototyping innovations, data and requirements gathering, solution scoping and architecture
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, etc.
- Consult clients and client facing teams on advanced statistical and machine learning problems especially in the areas of marketing and designing experiments
- Test various machine learning and analytical tools, especially in the big data space, to scale prototypes to production-grade systems
- Provide solutions but not limited to: Customer Segmentation & Targeting, Propensity Modeling, Churn Modeling, Lifetime Value Estimation, Forecasting, Recommender Systems, Modeling Response to Incentives, Marketing Mix Optimisation, Price Optimisation
Provide your comments below
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
I am an AI enthusiast and love keeping up with the latest events in the space. I love video games and pizza.