In India, the total size of the traveller’s cheque market is estimated over $ 1 billion a year and has been growing at about 2-3 percent a year; whereas American Express sales grew at over 20 per cent in 2003-04. American Express estimates that over 50 per cent of Indian leisure travellers carry traveller’s cheques and it has a significant market share in India.
American Express has been continuously launching innovative products in its stronghold areas of credit cards and travellers’ cheques.
Handling these key tasks like credit card transactions at this frequency leaves no room for errors and Amex provides a foolproof system by deploying state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms.
Here some of the lucrative jobs at Amex India in Gurgaon where data analytics skills can be put to the best use:
Business Analyst /Assistant Manager- Credit Fraud and Risk- Strategy
Business Analyst- Risk Strategy will responsible to develop and enhance existing American Express risk strategies / statistical models by leveraging best-in-class modelling techniques and data across various stages of card member lifecycle.
- Post Graduate Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/ Engineering/Management
- SAS, R, Python, Hive, Pyspark, SQL
- Advanced Statistical Techniques
- Hands-on programming and the ability to design
- Expertise in coding, algorithm, high-performance computing
- Unsupervised and supervised techniques: Active learning, transfer learning, neural models, Decision trees, reinforcement learning, graphical models, Gaussian processes, Bayesian models, Map Reduce techniques, attribute engineering
- Gradient boosting machines, self-reinforcing algorithms
- Big Data: Cornerstone, Teradata, BlueLight
Business Analyst – Global Commercial Data Sciences
Global Commercial Data Sciences function focuses on providing data Science solutions for effective targeting of Commercial card and non-card products.
The role would be a part of International Commercial Prospecting team and would focus on delivering data science solutions for Commercial prospecting in International markets
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in Analytics/Modeling
- Masters Degree In Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or related fields
- Understanding of credit card business
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Machine Learning Algorithms, Statistical Predictive Modeling
- Hive, SAS/SQL, Hadoop
Business Analyst – Global Collection Decision Science
Business Analyst-GCDS will work on the development and enhancement of Customer collections modelling suite and driving the next round of modelling enhancements.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Strong aptitude to work in a modelling/analytical role
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in SAS, Hive, Python
- Cornerstone, Teradata, Machine Learning Platforms in AXP system
Senior Data Engineer – Python, Machine Learning, Spark, REST API
A senior Data Engineer will be part of the Financial Data Engineering team which drives delivery of technology solutions for Global Finance & Tax. The team oversees leading edge technologies involving advanced & standard accounting, robotics and cognitive automation, workflow orchestration, API integration, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Bachelor’s/master’s Degree in engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- 8+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in one or more technologies
- Knowledge of Python and Spark
- Strong programming skills in WEB DEVELOPMENT React/Node, R/Shiny/Django
- Strong programming skills in RESTFUL API Integration
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development method
- Understanding of different Algorithms & Machine Learning techniques and their application
- Strong analytical/conceptual thinking acumen to solve unstructured and complex business problems
Senior Software Engineer – Java, Data structures, Algorithms, Hadoop
Senior Software Engineer’s role is centric to the company’s Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, etc.) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units (e.g., GIM, EDA, GCP, Loyalty, etc.).
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience with proven hands-on experience in BigData technologies.
- Strong programming knowledge in Java
- Hands-on experience in Big Data technologies (at least MapReduce, Hive and Hbase)
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting
- Database query optimization and indexing
- Web services design and implementation using REST / SOAP
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
A technology journalist with a master's degree in Robotics. Likes to write about machine learning advancements. email:email@example.com