With the emergence of Analytics in its full force, the analytics providers in India are on a rise. By our estimate, there are upwards of 500 analytics (or services that heavily depend on analytics) in India currently. And the number is increasing at a significant pace.
In this study, we have tried to capture where exactly the action lies. We studied these new age service providers and identified some key patterns which is the focus of this report.
Please note that this study has not included captive analytics units, i.e. analytics teams setup by organizations for internal purposes. The numbers and graphs are indicative in nature and the company’s logos are just a small sample of a much bigger population.
Most of these companies have been IT service providers who have adopted analytics as one of their offerings. These include big IT vendors like Infosys, wipro and TCS. Yet, we have seen a significant rise in boutique analytics firms offering pure play analytics services.
Over 100,000 people subscribe to our newsletter.
See stories of Analytics and AI in your inbox.
- 30% of all analytics providers are based out of Bangalore, followed by Mumbai (16%) and Delhi (14%).
- 50% of all analytics providers falls into the industry of IT/ ITES providers, followed by Consulting, Market Research and Media/ Advertising (~10% each).
- 71% analytics providers have less than 50 employee strength, of which 27% has less than 10 employees.
- Average employee strength of analytics providers in India is 76 employees.
- Mumbai has the highest average employee strength of 106 employees among analytics providers.
Download the complete report below.