Recently, D-Wave Systems announced the general availability of its next-generation quantum computing platform through Leap quantum cloud service. The platform incorporates new hardware, software, and tools to enable and accelerate the delivery of in-production quantum computing applications.
Leap quantum cloud service includes the Advantage quantum system, with more than 5000 qubits and 15-way qubit connectivity, in addition to an expanded hybrid solver service that can run problems with up to one million variables.
According to reports, the combination of the computing power of Advantage and the scale to address real-world problems with the hybrid solver service in Leap enables businesses to run performant, real-time, hybrid quantum applications for the first time.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
As part of its commitment to enabling businesses to build in-production quantum applications, the company announced D-Wave Launch, which is a jump-start program for businesses who want to get started building hybrid quantum applications today but may need additional support.
The company also announced a new hybrid solver, known as the discrete quadratic model (DQM) solver. It provides developers as well as businesses the ability to apply the benefits of hybrid quantum computing to new problem classes.
Download our Mobile App
The Advantage quantum computer and the Leap quantum cloud service include-
- New Topology: In the new Advantage system, each qubit may connect to 15 other qubits. The D-Wave Ocean software development kit (SDK) includes tools for using the new topology.
- Increased Qubit Count: With more than 5000 qubits, Advantage more than doubles the qubit count of the D-Wave 2000Q system.
- Greater Performance & Problem Size: With up to one million variables, the hybrid solver service in Leap allows businesses to run large-scale, business-critical problems.
- Expansion of Hybrid Software & Tools in Leap: Further investments in the hybrid solver service, new solver classes, ease-of-use, automation, and new tools provide an even more powerful hybrid rapid development environment in Python for business-scale problems.
- Flexible Access: Advantage, the expanded hybrid solver service, and the upcoming DQM solver are available in the Leap quantum cloud service.
- Ongoing Releases: D-Wave continues to bring innovations to market with additional hybrid solvers, QPUs, and software updates through the cloud.
Alan Baratz, CEO, D-Wave stated, “Today’s general availability of Advantage delivers the first quantum system built specifically for business, and marks the expansion into production scale commercial applications and new problem types with our hybrid solver services. In combination with our new jump-start program to get customers started, this launch continues what we’ve known at D-Wave for a long time: it’s not about hype, it’s about scaling, and delivering systems that provide real business value on real business applications.”