MachineHack is back with another exciting hackathon for this weekend. The 8th instalment of the popular weekend hackathon series, and this time we challenge data scientists to predict the price of products on an E-commerce platform in MachineHack’s E-commerce Price Prediction: Weekend Hackathon #8.
The challenge will start on June 12th Friday at 6 pm IST.
Problem Statement & Description
E-commerce platforms have been in existence for more than 2 decades now. The popularity and its preference as a common choice for buying and selling essential products have grown rapidly and exponentially over the past few years. E-commerce has impacted the lifestyle of common people to a huge extent. Many such platforms are competing over each other for dominance by providing consumer goods at a competitive price. In this hackathon, we challenge data science enthusiasts to predict the price of commodities on an e-commerce platform.
Given are 7 distinguishing factors that can influence the price of a product on an e-commerce platform. Your objective as a data scientist is to build a machine learning model that can accurately predict the price of a product based on the given factors.
The unzipped folder will have the following files.
- Train.csv – 2452 observations.
- Test.csv – 1051 observations.
- Sample Submission – Sample format for the submission.
Target Variable: Selling_Price
The datasets will be made available for download on June 12th, Friday at 6 pm IST
This hackathon and the bounty will expire on June 15th, Monday at 7 am IST
Below are the file formats for the provided data
The top 3 competitors will receive a cool AIM goodie bag and a free pass to the Rising 2020.
- One account per participant. Submissions from multiple accounts will lead to disqualification
- The submission limit for the hackathon is 10 per day after which the submission will not be evaluated
- All registered participants are eligible to compete in the hackathon
- This competition counts towards your overall ranking points
- You will not be able to submit once you click the “Complete Hackathon” button. You may ignore this feature
- We ask that you respect the spirit of the competition and do not cheat
- This hackathon will expire on 15th June, Monday at 7 am IST
The leaderboard is evaluated using RMSLE for the participant’s submission.
Provide your comments below
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
A Computer Science Engineer turned Data Scientist who is passionate about AI and all related technologies. Contact: email@example.com