Intel® and Analytics India Magazine have lined up an oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit Workshop– a master class on Intel® optimisation techniques for accelerating deep learning workloads– on March 25, 2022, from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Intel® Extension for PyTorch is a part of Intel® Optimization for PyTorch with optimisations for extra performance on Intel® hardware. The company said most optimisations would be available in stock PyTorch releases. This includes AVX-512 Vector Neural Network Instructions (AVX512 VNNI) and Intel® Advanced Matrix Extensions (Intel® AMX).
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
Intel® has released Intel® Extension for PyTorch as an open-source project on GitHub. Find the installation guide here. In addition, users can use the pip command on Linux to install Intel® Extension for PyTorch.
Intel® has been working closely with Facebook (now Meta) to contribute optimisations to the PyTorch community and commits to continuously optimising PyTorch with future advancements of Intel® HWs.
PyTorch brings a modular design with registration API that allows third parties to extend its functionality, including kernel optimisations, graph optimisation passes, custom ops, etc., with an extension library that can be dynamically loaded as a Python module or from C++ as a shared library.
IPEX is such a PyTorch extension library, an open-source project maintained by Intel® and released as part of Intel® AI Analytics Toolkit powered by oneAPI.
What will you learn?
The workshop will take the attendees through the Intel® optimisations calibrated for PyTorch, installation guide, and performance boost number. In addition, participants will learn about ease-of-use Python API, vectorisation, parallelism, quantisation, operator fusion, constant folding and more.
Intel® will have a demo on:
- Intel® Optimization for PyTorch
- Intel® Extension for PyTorch
- Intel® Extension for PyTorch targets optimisations on AVX-512 instruction set.
- Intel® Optimization for PyTorch released in oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit.
Who should attend?
- AI & ML developers
- Data scientists
- AI enthusiasts
- AI researchers
- GPU & HPC programmers
Exclusive Contests — Participate & Win!
Lucky Draw Contest
- Analytics India Magazine is running a Lucky Draw wherein at the end of the workshop 10 lucky participants will get a chance to WIN Amazon Voucher worth INR 2000/- each.
Note: The winners will be selected based on their engagement on Discord throughout the workshop. <https://discord.gg/ycwqTP6>
- Also, all the attendees of oneAPI workshop will receive a flat 20% discount on The Rising 2022 conference passes.
Sign up on Intel® DevCloud account, a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software, and use the event code oneAPI25March to register, and follow the instructions sent through the email. Join the Discord channel for live Q&A during the workshop.
|Introduction||Developer Ecosystem Program||3:00 – 3:10 PM||Kavita Aroor|
|Overview||oneAPI AI Analytics Toolkit Overview||3:10 – 3:25 PM||Aditya Sirvaiya|
|DevCloud Setup||3:25 – 3:40 PM||Aditya Sirvaiya|
|Intel® Extension for PyTorch||Introduction of Intel® Optimization for PyTorch|
Intel® Extension for Pytorch + case study
|3:40 – 4:30 PM||Jing Xu|
|Hands-on +QA||Hands-on with medical image detection workload RetinaNet||4:30 – 5:00 PM||Jing Xu & Aditya Sirvaiya|
Prerequisite for the workshop:
- Please Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud account, a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software. You must use the event code oneAPI25March to register and then follow the instructions sent through the email.
- Please save this email with the Username, Node Name & the URL embedded in the email and bring it to the workshop. (Check your spam folder if this email does not hit your inbox).
- Here’s a Handy DevCloud Setup Guide
- For a Live Q&A during the workshop, please join us on the Discord channel https://discord.gg/ycwqTP6.
Kavita Aroor is a Developer Marketing Lead- APJ at Intel® focusing on developing software solutions for the Asia Pacific market. She drives the developer outreach, engagements and programs in the areas of GPU, HPC and AI. With 17 years of experience in brand and field marketing, Kavita has driven numerous customer and user engagement across the Asia Pacific.
Jing Xu is a Senior Technical Consulting Engineer working as an AI specialist in a developer products support and consulting organisation within the Intel® Software group. He has enabled global developers, enterprise users, engineers and researchers to use Intel® software tools and high-performance libraries. His research areas include machine learning, deep learning, performance optimisation and data analysis R&D.
Aditya Sirvaiya is an AI Technical Consulting Engineer in Intel® Software group. Aditya holds a bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics from IIT, Delhi and a Master’s degree in Computer Science with specialisation in AI from IIT, Mumbai.
So what are you waiting for? Click here to get registered for the oneAPI workshop on “Getting started with Intel® Optimization for PyTorch.”