While the concept of online learning has been prevalent in the field of data science, the recently enforced lockdown has provided new momentum to the whole ed-tech space. The data professionals across industries are now looking at online learning programs not only to stay updated with their skills and knowledge but also to keep up their relevance post the COVID crisis. This has led to a spike in the number of learners on edtech platforms. In fact, upGrad, India’s largest online higher education company, has witnessed a 40% rise in data science enrolments amid this lockdown.
This surge can be attributed to the fact that despite the challenges due to COVID, the demand for data science and analytics across industries has increased. College students and fresh graduates are thus noticing more potential in this field and therefore looking to pursue data science as a career.
While many short-term certifications can help data scientists to upskill themselves, what sets upGrad apart are the industry-relevant data science programs offered by them, along with the alumni status from respective universities, industry knowledge via projects, domain-specific capstone project, WES recognition of the program and hands-on experience with programming languages and tools with specialised tracks.
Sign up for your weekly dose of what's up in emerging technology.
As a matter of fact, upGrad’s collaboration with IIIT-B to develop the PG Diploma in Data Science has become the first PG diploma program that has been validated and recommended by NASSCOM Futureskills, which not only complies to all industry standards but also makes learners job-ready from day one.
Led by India’s leading data science faculty and industry leaders, this program provides industry-leading content in the form of videos, case studies, live lectures and coaching sessions with best-in-class career outcomes.
Key Benefits Of upGrad’s Flagship PG Diploma & M.Sc. Program in Data Science:
- It offers a PG Diploma in Data Science from IIIT Bangalore and an M.Sc. from Liverpool John Moores University, with alumni status from the respective universities, allowing learners to connect to a global network of accomplished alumni.
- Post successful completion of the NASSCOM-certified PG Diploma in Data Science from IIITB, learners can choose to articulate themselves to a Master’s Degree in Data Science from LJMU, at 1/10th the cost of an equivalent on-campus program. Learners can also directly enroll themselves into M.Sc. in Data Science where the learners first complete the diploma and post that complete their Master’s from LJMU.
- Both the programs have five functional specialisation options to choose from as per the learners’ career aspirations — deep learning; natural language processing; business intelligence and data analytics; business analytics; data engineering.
- Receive 360-degree career support and mock interviews with hiring managers.
- Get dedicated one-on-one industry expert mentorship sessions for proactive support.
- Hands-on 20+ industry projects.
- The master’s program offers a dissertation project opening up avenues for research and PhD for learners.
Along with the Master’s and PG Diploma in Data Science which require 18 and 12 months of commitment, respectively, upGrad now offers Career Services for 7 months of PG Certification in Data Science for the professionals who are in a dilemma to make a long term commitment to indulge in certification programs.
360 Degree Career Services by upGrad include:
- Dedicated career mentor for continuous productive feedback
- One-on-one sessions with industry experts for better understanding
- Live profile building workshops including the Git-hub profile
- Resume review sessions
- Opportunity to access upGrad’s job portal which has 100+ openings at all time
- Last-minute interview preparation from experts
- company-specific preparation for interviews
- Hackathons with hiring partners with the job opportunities
- Ability to access upGrad elevate — a virtual hiring drive
Along with these, upGrad is also offering a per month pricing option:
With such benefits in hand, upGrad has been one of the preferred platforms for its data science programs. Targeting working professionals along with college graduates, upGrad’s online data science programs will help learners to kickstart their data science journey at a fraction of the cost compared to other similar courses.
Enrol now to avail this best in the industry learning program – one that ensures consistent progress among data scientists.