We published our recent Analytics and Data Science Jobs in India for the year 2021. The report provides a broad study of the data science job landscape – covering profiles and roles that require analytics competencies and skills.
Around 137,870 open jobs are available right now in India in the space of Analytics & data science. The demand for analytics talent is currently the highest ever seen in India.
Some key insights are:
1. The analytics jobs figure for June 2021 witnessed a 67.0% increase in open jobs requirement compared to the same period last year (June 2020).
2. There was a drop or contraction in open jobs year-on-year in the months of June and July 2020 – 10.6% and 17.5%, respectively. This contraction is due to the recessionary environment that was caused by the unfortunate pandemic.
3. However, after June, the analytics job market took a U-turn once India started lifting its lockdown restrictions from June 2020.
4. In June 2021, India contributed to 9.4% of the total global analytics job openings. This is a significant jump from 7.2% of total global job openings in January 2020.
5. 97.0% of analytics jobs advertised in India are full-time, signifying the strengthening of the Indian analytics hiring market. Just 3% of the jobs form part-time, internship or contractual jobs – similar to January 2020 and the overall trend of 2019, when an approximate 97.5% full-time and 2.5% part-time jobs were advertised.
6. In terms of cities, Bengaluru once again accounted for the maximum proportion of open jobs, contributing to 27.9% of analytics jobs in India in June 2021.
7. More than four in five analytics jobs advertised in June 2021 were posted by MNC IT & KPO Service Providers.
8. The median salary advertised for analytics jobs in India as of June 2021 is INR 9.7 Lakhs per annum, a slight increase from August 2020 when it was 9.5 lakhs per annum and from January 2020 when it was 9.4 Lakhs per annum.
Here’s a quick infographic for the report.
Access the complete report here.
Learn about our research capabilities and how we help our clients with strategic insights for Artificial Intelligence & Data Science Industry in India.
Join Our Discord Server. Be part of an engaging online community. Join Here.
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.