We published our recent Analytics and Data Science Jobs in India for the year 2021. The report provides a broad study of the data science job landscape – covering profiles and roles that require analytics competencies and skills.
Around 137,870 open jobs are available right now in India in the space of Analytics & data science. The demand for analytics talent is currently the highest ever seen in India.
Some key insights are:
1. The analytics jobs figure for June 2021 witnessed a 67.0% increase in open jobs requirement compared to the same period last year (June 2020).
2. There was a drop or contraction in open jobs year-on-year in the months of June and July 2020 – 10.6% and 17.5%, respectively. This contraction is due to the recessionary environment that was caused by the unfortunate pandemic.
3. However, after June, the analytics job market took a U-turn once India started lifting its lockdown restrictions from June 2020.
4. In June 2021, India contributed to 9.4% of the total global analytics job openings. This is a significant jump from 7.2% of total global job openings in January 2020.
5. 97.0% of analytics jobs advertised in India are full-time, signifying the strengthening of the Indian analytics hiring market. Just 3% of the jobs form part-time, internship or contractual jobs – similar to January 2020 and the overall trend of 2019, when an approximate 97.5% full-time and 2.5% part-time jobs were advertised.
6. In terms of cities, Bengaluru once again accounted for the maximum proportion of open jobs, contributing to 27.9% of analytics jobs in India in June 2021.
7. More than four in five analytics jobs advertised in June 2021 were posted by MNC IT & KPO Service Providers.
8. The median salary advertised for analytics jobs in India as of June 2021 is INR 9.7 Lakhs per annum, a slight increase from August 2020 when it was 9.5 lakhs per annum and from January 2020 when it was 9.4 Lakhs per annum.
Here’s a quick infographic for the report.
Access the complete report here.
Learn about our research capabilities and how we help our clients with strategic insights for Artificial Intelligence & Data Science Industry in India.