The role of data science manager is important for any company in order to maintain the smooth function of its data science team. This role not only requires advanced technical knowledge of the domain but also requires strong interpersonal and project management skills.
In this article, we are going to look at top managerial jobs in data science in Bengaluru:
Senior Manager — Data Science @ Publicis Sapient
Digital business transformation company, Publicis Sapient is looking to hire a senior manager for data science to join its team in Bengaluru. As a senior manager, you will not only be responsible for management but also responsible for designing overall search solution including search architecture, data flow and integration with different possible source systems.
- The candidate should have a graduate or postgraduate degree
- Should have 12 -16 years of overall experience in the software industry
- At least 4 years of experience in Search Technologies like Elastic Search, SolrCloud, Endeca, GSA, HPE IDOL, Fusion etc.
- Must have solid experience and deep understanding (end to end) of search applications
- Should have experience with strategising testing and performance tuning of the search application
- Experience in text processing using NLP tools and relevancy tuning using machine learning models is an added advantage.
Senior Manager — Data Science @ Oracle
Oracle Corporation, Bengaluru, is looking to onboard Senior Manager for its data science department. The candidate will be responsible for driving the top-level data science strategy for Oracle Applications Labs (OAL), which is responsible for implementing, running, and improving nearly all of Oracle’s Enterprise On-Premise and Cloud Applications. It would also include hire, lead and coach a team of data scientists.
- The applicant must have an advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant quantitative field
- Should have at least 10 years of experience in data science domain, 7 years of hands-on experience working in machine learning and 5 years of managerial experience in managing 5 to 10 directs
- Should be proficient and experience in:
- Python, R, Java, C++, Scala, and Spark
- query languages such as SQL and its adaptations
- big data processing engines like Spark, Kafka is a plus
- data stores such as Hadoop
Senior Manager — Data Science @ Walmart Labs
Walmart Labs in Bengaluru is looking to hire a data science manager to lead the Advertising Technology Data Science team. The candidate will be responsible for several work processes which would also include guiding the data science team in gathering and analysing data.
Click here to know more about the responsibilities.
- The candidate should have 10 to 16 years of experience in the domain
- Should have strong knowledge of data-gathering, pre-processing data, model building, pushing the model to production, publication and presentation.
- Should be experienced in recommendation and ranking preferably in large data sets
- Should be able to guide the team with formulating the problem, reviewing modelling techniques and processes and model building
- Have the ability to explain complex ideas to cross-functional stakeholders and manage stakeholders across geographies
Sr Analytics Manager @ Amazon
Amazon in Bengaluru is looking to onboard an experienced, technically skilled and customer-centric Senior Analytics Manager for its Mass and Brand Marketing team. As a senior manager, you would not only be responsible for managing a team but also analyse customer lifecycle and draw actionable insights to effectively serve and engage customers.
- The applicant should have a master’s degree in economics, statistics or a similar quantitative field, or a bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Should have at least 10 years of experience in the data science domain
- Should have strong knowledge of database and data warehousing concepts (Oracle, Redshift, SQL databases)
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and proficiency with SQL, R, SPSS & MS Excel is also imperative
Senior Manager — Data Strategy @ Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank is looking to hire a senior manager for data strategy to join its Data Strategy team (which is part of Enterprise Risk Analytics) in Bengaluru. The candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination in data science and advanced analytics initiatives across RCF.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, etc. or in a relevant field
- S/he should also have experience working with large datasets and expertise in data wrangling
- Experience in Machine Learning using supervised learning and unsupervised learning methodologies is also a must. Also, advanced machine learning methodologies is an added advantage.
- The candidate should also possess strong knowledge of programming — R, Python, SAS and/or MATLAB
Senior Manager — RWA Analytics @ Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank is also looking to hire Senior Manager for RWA analytics who would be responsible for helping in building, sustaining and evolving the RWA Analytics team.
- The candidate should have 10 to 12 years of relevant experience
- Should be a Finance Professional or a Graduate in Engineering/MBA (Finance)
- The candidate must possess strong knowledge and skills of root cause analysis, business analysis and data interpretation.
- Knowledge of Banks Capital Management with implementation experience relating to Basel II/Basel III is an added advantage
- Domain Skills in Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA), Capital Management, Capital Analysis and Reporting, Basel II/Basel III Reporting/Regulatory Reporting, Credit Risk Analytics is also must
Program Manager – Data Sciences @ Bosch Group
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited (RBEI) in Bengaluru is hiring program manager for data science not only to manage a team of highly talented data scientists and AI experts, but also strategise, implement, and maintain data science program initiatives that adhere to organisational objectives.
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or MCA
- The candidate should also be PMP certified
- Should have more than 3 years of experience in using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office, and in executing Agile projects
- The candidate should also have over 5 years of development background and should know some object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of statistical principles, machine learning, Internet of Things and AI is imperative
- Well versed on PMBOK principles and used them effectively in multiple projects/programs.
Enjoyed this story? Join our Telegram group. And be part of an engaging community.
Register for our upcoming Data Engineering Workshop, in Mumbai & Gurugram, here.
Provide your comments below
What's Your Reaction?
Harshajit is a writer / blogger / vlogger. A passionate music lover whose talents range from dance to video making to cooking. Football runs in his blood. Like literally! He is also a self-proclaimed technician and likes repairing and fixing stuff. When he is not writing or making videos, you can find him reading books/blogs or watching videos that motivate him or teaches him new things.