The Future of Jobs 2020 report by the World Economic Forum states that AI and Machine Learning Specialists, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists are emerging job roles. This is making graduates and professionals explore the domain and upskill themselves. On the Coursera platform, the ‘Machine Learning’ course by Stanford University is the most popular.
The Annual Employability Survey by Aspiring Minds states that 80% of Indian engineers are not fit for jobs in the knowledge economy, and only 2.5% of them possess technical skills in AI that the industry requires.
Besides machine learning, the ‘Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere’ course by Google is also a popular choice among learners to gain skills such as Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Data Cleaning, SQL and Data Processing.
The ten most popular Data Science courses on Coursera in 2021 are
- Machine Learning by Stanford University
- Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere by Google
- Introduction to Machine Learning by Duke University
- What is Data Science? By IMB
- Getting Started with AWS Machine Learning by Amazon Web Services
- Ask Questions to Make Data-Driven Decisions by Google
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IMB
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning by DeepLearning.AI
- Introduction to Data Analytics by IBM
- Prepare Data for Exploration by Google