Data skills continue to be in high demand with enterprises looking to get the most out of their data. With organisations looking to capitalize on their data assets, the role of DevOps engineer, Python programmer, Data Engineers and Machine Learning engineer has become central to enterprises. In this article, we list down the top 10 critical tech skills IT professionals must possess to compete and multi-task. While there’s a raft of technical skills that are required, the reality is that IT landscape is one that is undergoing frequent changes. The landscape is such that the technology is constantly challenged by new technology, complex problems, or dynamic roles. While new technologies and tools crop up continuously on the AI and analytics landscape, it’s important for developers to have a broad understanding of these tools.
From how to use Hadoop or Big Data querying to machine learning and AI, there are some important attributes and skills that have emerged as a must-have going into 2019. To be successful in this field, one requires a mix of programming skills and understanding of computational aspects such as dealing with large volumes of data and working with real-time data. In today’s competitive environment, programmers should continuously re-learn and update their hard skills.
So what does it take to be a data science whiz. We list down top 10 updated skills to succeed in 2019:
1) DevOps: In 2017, the role of DevOps engineer landed at the no. 3 spot on Indeed’s list of top jobs in America for 2017, in terms of salary, number of job postings, and opportunities for growth. Be it in deployment pipelines or systems architecture, DevOps engineers implement automation technologies and tools at all levels. According to a recent news report, DevOps positions have grown by 106% in the last few years and boast an average base salary of $123,165.
With DevOps becoming the most in-demand skill in 2019, get an industry-recognised DevOps certification from Inventateq which provides classroom and live instructor led online Devops training in popular DevOps tools like Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Nagios, GIT, Splunk, Docket, Build, Release and Maven. You can also dive further with sub-topics which will drive in-depth into both theory and practicals.
2) Big Data Hadoop: There was a time when Hadoop captured a sizable chunk of the big data market and is still a relevant platform for data storage. According to a industry prediction, the Hadoop market will grow to $40 billion by 2021 and this will require skills to develop, manage and administer Hadoop implementations.
If you are looking for technical training in Hadoop architecture, features and ecosystem, and a deeper understanding of Apache Hadoop, with HDFS and MapReduce, then Inventateq’s Big Data Hadoop training features industry use-cases and real projects. In this course, you can deep dive into Hadoop ecosystem and also understand the various tools with their functionalities.
EXPLORE TOP EDUCATION
- TOP 10 DATA SCIENCE TRAINING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 PART-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 FULL-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDIA
- TOP 10 CYBERSECURITY COURSES IN INDIA
To cope with big data efficiently, new technologies appeared that enabled distributed data storage and parallel data processing. Apache Hadoop (with its HDFS and MapReduce components) was a pioneering technology. It is important to gain a technical background
3) Python Django: It is the most in-demand and fastest growing programming language in 2019. Python has significantly outstripped other languages in terms of community base of active developers. Python’s popularity has soared exponentially with the language being one of the requisites for an entry-level job.
At Inventateq, you can gain job-oriented python training with Django and gain an in-depth understanding of using Django, an open source web application and learn how to create web application framework with Django functionality. The in-depth course will get you started on building any software applications on your own and learn how to build Django template systems.
4) Data Science with R & Python: R & Python are billed to be the prerequisites for candidates looking to build a career in data science. Developers and IT professionals are rushing to upskill in R & Python but the key is to sharpen the learning experience with real industry projects and case studies.
At Inventateq, you will get real hands-on training with case studies and projects and use anaonymised datasets from data-intensive companies like Amazon, Facebook, Adobe, Walmart among others. The data science courses covers core data science tools, like Hadoop and Spark and how to deploy models on Azure and AWS.
Home » 10 Top Tech Skills In High Demand In 2019
5) Machine Learning: As machine learning grows in demand, enterprises and startups investing in specialized training and certifications to help broaden machine learning skillset and use advanced solutions to help scale their efforts. With Inventateq’s Machine Learning Course and Certification with Tensorflow APIs, IT professionals can master the basics of Python, Spark, R, SQL and basic statistics. Learn the key components such as feature engineering and gain an understanding of real-world applications of ML for face recognition, speech recognition and text mining.
6) Artificial Intelligence: With the ongoing excitement around artificial intelligence being the emergent technology and enterprises baking AI into their products, AI is set to transform the business landscape. The hottest skill today, AI professionals are expected to fetch salaries between $300,000 to $500,000. With the buzz around AI growing, IT professionals are rushing to upskill. This artificial intelligence course is meant for professionals with a strong CS and Math background and covers the fundamentals of AI, machine learning, parallel and distributed systems, data mining and algorithm engineering among other areas.
7) RPA Tools: As companies race to embrace digital transformation with RPA and other automation technologies, RPA tools alongside AI and cognitive computing have emerged as a critical skillset required to improve operational efficiency and facilitate better customer experience. Looking to gain hands-on experience with RPA tools from UiPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism. This industry-leading rpa training from Inventateq covers a range of industry use cases from healthcare, insurance sector, human resources and financial services.
8) AWS Certification: In the era of cloud, enterprises and businesses are racing to develop use cases that depend on cloud platforms and one such cloud computing platform, AWS has cornered a global market share of 40 percent. And IT professionals who want to learn about AWS to maximize their company’s cloud environment and avoid skills gaps can get hands on aws training and learn about the core areas such as Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), database services, storage services and master the concepts of IaaS and PaaS with this instructor-led, classroom certification.
9) Tableau: With the BI tools winning over new businesses and enterprises, Tableau’s popularity and user base has surged significantly over the years. And BI vendors are quickly adding a slew of features to automate data analysis. With new upgrades and automation features being injected, Tableau, which is in hot demand allows developers to bridge the gap between data and business leaders and helps them visualize company data better. This real-time tableau training covers topics such as filters, graphs, table calculation, aggregating data, data blending and dashboards.
10) Digital Marketing Analytics: With every business going digital, business owners look for digital marketers who can understand their customer data, derive insights from analytics and create a compelling digital strategy and measure the ROI achieved against the KPIs. There is a need to go beyond the metrics and numbers and understand key topics such as website optimization and social media analytics. Inventateq’s certification digital marketing courses covers key topics such as Google Analytics and social media analytics required to mine user sentiment.
Provide your comments below
Richa Bhatia is a seasoned journalist with six-years experience in reportage and news coverage and has had stints at Times of India and The Indian Express. She is an avid reader, mum to a feisty two-year-old and loves writing about the next-gen technology that is shaping our world.