With time Data Science getting entrenched across the globe, analytics professionals are in huge demand. With so much happening in this particular space, there is no chance that Indonesia will be left out in this. If you are thinking of having a career in data science in Indonesia, but don’t know about the job openings, then read along.
Here Are 5 Data Science And Analytics Job Openings In Indonesia You Can Apply For:
Data Scientist at LotusFlare, Inc. – Jakarta, Indonesia
Founded in 2014, LotusFlare caters to companies in telecom, finance, media and technology. At present, the company is looking to hire an experienced Data Analyst to join the firm.
As a Data Scientist at LotusFlare, you will be advocating, evangelising and building data-fueled products to help customers improve insights. You’ll have to dig in and become an expert on Mobile Operator datasets. Also, you will have to provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of LotusFlare’s core deliverables.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field — CS, Stats, Engineering, Physics, etc.
- More than 2 years of working experience in a quantitative and analytical role
- Fluent in at least one object-oriented programming language (Python highly preferred)
- Ability to query a SQL and/or NoSQL database efficiently
- Proficiency in statistical model development including data cleaning, model building and model performance testing
- Ability to interpret the data and extract business insights and action items
- Experience with data visualization
- Great oral and written communication skills
Data Analyst at LotusFlare, Inc. – Jakarta, Indonesia
As a Data Analyst at LotusFlare, you will have to advocate data-fueled products that help customers to make data-driven decisions. You will also have to provide insight using leading analytic practices and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of the company’s core products.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Math, Stats, Engineering, Physics, etc.
- Graduated at least 3+ years ago
- More than 2 years of experience as a data analyst
- More than 2 years of working experience with SQL (experience needs to be at a real paid job)
- Experience with data visualization, dashboards, and reports
- Great oral and written communication skills in Bahasa (native) and English (mid-level at least)
Note: Candidate from Indonesia, preferably Jakarta
Lead Data Scientist at Cermati – Indonesia
Cermati is an Indonesia-based fintech startup that simplifies the process of finding and applying for a financial product, bringing everything online. The company right now is looking to hire a Lead Data Scientist to lead a team of data scientists and junior data scientists and provide them with best practices, mentorship, guidance and coaching.
Also, as a Data Scientist at Cermati, your job role will include:
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning models using proven and experimental techniques.
- Define hypotheses, develop and execute necessary tests, experiments, and analyses to prove or disprove them
- Provide and communicate insights from data effectively to stakeholders in an easy to understand the language
- Provide process improvements to users based on insights derived from data
- Help stakeholders make the decision for anything related to data platform and data infrastructure
- PhD graduate, or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Operations Research or Mathematics/Statistics
- More than 3 years of industry experience related to Data Science
- Understanding of machine learning, deep learning, data mining, algorithmic foundations of optimization.
- Experience with scikit-learn, Spark MLlib etc.
- Proficient in Python, R, Java.
- Experience in building ML models at scale, using real-time big data pipelines on platforms
- Should know NoSQL, PostGIS, stream processing and distributed computing platforms
Data Analyst at Pegipegi – Jakarta, Indonesia
Started in 2012, Pegipegi provides the best online reservation service for Indonesian travellers. Currently, the company is connected with more than 7.000 hotel options, more than 30.000 flight routes, as well as more than 1.600 train routes and Airport Train (Railink) which can be booked from Pegipegi website and mobile application.
Right now, the company is actively hiring Data Analysts. As a data analyst at Pegipegi, you will be analyzing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve the company. Also, will have to build data products to extract valuable business insights. Your ultimate goal will be to help Pegipegi analyze trends to make better decisions.
- BSc/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience with R, SQL and Python
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and data frameworks
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Data Analyst at Amartha – Jakarta, Indonesia
Started in 2010, Amartha connects investors with rural microentrepreneurs to find investment opportunities. The company is currently hiring Data Analysts who will be conducting quantitative analysis and qualitative research to support top-of-mind strategic initiatives on the operation department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field — Computer Science, Math, Stats, Engineering, Physics, etc.
- Knowledge in SQL: BigQuery, Postgres, MySQL, and data modelling, or Familiarity with R, Python, Tableau, Metabase, C ++
- 6-12 months of work experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist
Subscribe to our NewsletterGet the latest updates and relevant offers by sharing your email.
What's Your Reaction?
Harshajit is a writer / blogger / vlogger. A passionate music lover whose talents range from dance to video making to cooking. Football runs in his blood. Like literally! He is also a self-proclaimed technician and likes repairing and fixing stuff. When he is not writing or making videos, you can find him reading books/blogs or watching videos that motivate him or teaches him new things.