Research

Analytics India Companies Study 2013

Comments (12)
  1. Ritesh says:

Bhaskar, I am planing to join MICA – market research and data analytic course. I have 5 years of experience in market research. So , what is your view about this course.

2. Arjun says:

Hi Bhaskar, Great article, though I have a suggestion on a couple of charts you’ve put there. Don’t you think the graphs on percentage of analytics companies in India / in each city v/s employee strength would be better represented as a histogram and not as a smooth line (which makes it look like a continuous function)? I point this out because the charts represent finite discrete data points gathered from your research and hence its improbable you will have data across all values in the range.

3. kuldeep singh says:

hello sir , i m a C A Final pursuing student and i want to know that whether i m eligible for becoming a analyst with my current educational qualification

4. Kriti Gupta says:

Hii Sir,
    Hope you doing good. I’m pursuing engineering and having keen interest in digital marketing, Web and analysis.Could you please suggest me is there any course i should join so that i can explore it to the fullest.
    Thanks.

5. Arnab says:

Bhasker Sir,

Could you please provide the list of all the mid sized/start up analytics companies in hyderabad?

6. ashis parida says:

Dear bhasker sir,
    I am planning to do pgpba fron great lakes institute. I have 3 years of experience in production sector. Please advise me whether to opt for the program or not. What will be the placement scenario after doing completing the course from great lakes.

Thanks,
    Ashis parida

1. Bhasker Gupta Bhasker Gupta says:

Ashis, Its certainly a great course to take up. This has been the first year for the course and I have seen them put a lot of emphasis on the course and overall development. So my full marks to Great Lakes analytics course.
      Thx

7. Pradeep Mavuluri says:

@Bhaskar, when overall growth across cities is not much, how one should
    perceive the jump in mean employment from 76 to 270? – (title changes, internal
    transfers, ??).

1. Bhasker Gupta Bhasker Gupta says:

Pradeep. Please refer to the following quote in the article-

“By our estimate, the number of analytics companies in India has grown three folds in last 1.5 years.”

1. Pradeep Mavuluri says:

Bhaskar, if that is the case, then why it is not reflected in major cities growth, from where mean employment growth is coming?

1. Bhasker Gupta Bhasker Gupta says:

The % no. we are showing against cities is not their growth %, but their % contribution in each year’s total companies. In other words, Bangalore contributed 31% of all analytics companies in 2012 and 29% in 2013, even though the no. of companies in Bangalore might have grown almost 3 folds.

1. AKS says:

Bhaskar, How is the firm abzooba doing in the analytics landscape as one of the start ups in the arena of social media analytics.. ?

Over 100,000 people subscribe to our newsletter.

See stories of Analytics and AI in your inbox.