And here we are with yet another independent study on the job scenario of analytics and the related fields. The Jobs study 2016 is a cumulative effort of the research done by Analytics India Magazine and Jigsaw Academy.
Be it the big data expertise, data scientist or any other data analytics role, with the innumerable companies starting up in the analytics space at a fast pace, there has been a definite surge in the job opportunities.
This study brings to you recruitment trends, educational qualifications, experience and various other interesting facts on the table.
Top Trends in Analytics Jobs
- The number of analytics jobs rose by 29% from June 2014 to June 2015 compared to 120% increase from June 2015 to June 2016.
- Overall, there has been a 53% increase in the number of new job postings in analytics, this year compared to a year earlier.
Analytics Jobs by Cities
- In terms of cities, Bengaluru accounts for around 27% of analytics jobs, standing out to be analytics capital, followed by Delhi/NCR at 23% and 15% from Mumbai. These 3 cities together account for almost 65% of total analytic jobs.
- Hyderabad and Chennai contribute 9% each.
Analytics Jobs by Industry
- Analytics jobs are concentrated in only few sectors. This is suggestive by the fact that 81% of analytics job opportunities exist in 4 sectors viz. Banking and Financial Services, Ecommerce, Pharma/Healthcare, Energy & Utilities.
- A big chunk, almost 42 percent of analytics job opportunity comes from Banking and Financial Services industry followed by the ecommerce sector and Pharma/Healthcare at 14% and 13% respectively
- The contribution of Retail/ CPG to new job openings this year is just 5% of all analytics jobs.
Education requirement by Analytics jobs
- Almost 44% of analytics job openings are looking for a B.E./ B.tech. degree in the incumbent while 26% analytics job openings are looking for a postgraduate degree.
- So, overall, 80% of all employers are looking to hire analytics professionals with either an engineering degree or a postgraduate degree.
Experience requirement by Analytics Jobs
- Around 62% of analytics requirements are looking for candidates with less than 5 years experience whereas 18% analytics jobs are looking for freshers.
- 31% analytics job openings are for professionals with 5-10 years’ experience to serve the middle management
Here’s the complete Study
Download the study here:[attachments include=”11188″]
Provide your comments below
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
Bhasker is a Data Science evangelist and practitioner with proven record of thought leadership and incubating analytics practices for various organizations. With over 16 years of experience in the area of Business Analytics, he is well recognized as an expert within the industry. Earlier, Bhasker worked as Vice President at Goldman Sachs. He is B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi and MBA from Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.