Globally, the skills landscape has undergone a significant change to usher in a skill-based economy. Due to this transition, there is a greater need for data-centric learning opportunities which will help employees gain the skills necessary for career success.
Our report indicates a massive talent shortage for data science and analytics professionals in India, with 97,000 vacant job openings. This demand-supply gap in the data science field translates to a huge opportunity for freshers and mid-level professionals looking to transition to artificial intelligence and advanced analytics, across industries like IT, finance, healthcare and e-commerce.
Great Learning’s PGP-DSE program
Over the last five years, Great Learning’s programs have ensured that thousands of learners have transitioned to careers of their choice across large organizations such as Google, McKinsey, Amazon, KPMG, Adobe and more. Great Learning’s PG program in Data Science & Engineering, launched in 2018, has quietly become a feeder of skilled talent for Data Science providers and big tech firms across India. It is almost a golden ticket for college freshers and early career professionals to effectively transition to the buzzing Data Science and Analytics fields.
The 5-month full-time classroom Data Science & Engineering program has been developed in response to the growing industry requirement for data scientists, and is aimed at freshers and early-stage professionals with 0-3 years of experience. It is led by experienced world-class faculty, and comprises of numerous hands-on projects and case studies. Learners enrolling into the program are offered Placement assistance through Great Learning Excelerate, GL’s flagship career services platform which gives learners:
- Access to exclusive career fairs and opportunities from organizations through an internal job board
- 1-1 career mentorship from industry experts in terms of career counselling, job preparation interviews, resume building services and more
- Access to Corporate sponsored Hackathons to showcase their skills to potential recruiters
“There is a massive gap between industry needs and employee skills for entry-level roles within the Data Science field. This program has been designed in an intensive bootcamp format in order to ensure learners get a thorough grounding of concepts and gain the necessary practical skills in order to not just survive, but thrive in the up and coming domain of Data Science.” says Hari Nair, Co-Founder, Great Learning.
- Experienced early stage professionals have received an average salary hike of 65%
- The highest CTC received by students is 13.2 lakh while the average CTC is 6.9 lakh. Over 37% of the batch comprises of freshers with no prior work experience
- Great Learning has forged key partnerships with companies across analytics, BFSI, e-commerce, manufacturing, automotive,IT sector and large start-ups with marquee names such as KPMG, Cognizant, EXL, UHG, Uber, Renault, Fractal Analytics, DXC Technology, Latentview Analytics,, Big Basket, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mu Sigma, Kantar, The Math Company, Policybazaar, Medlife, Arvind Internet among others, who have hired from Great Learning to meet their talent requirements
- In the last 6 months, over 80 organizations have evaluated learners for open opportunities
- Current job titles held by alumni are Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Analytics Manager, Consultants, Analytics Consultant, Machine Learning Engineer, AI Engineer, Product Analyst, Marketing Analysts, Risk Analysts, Programmer Analyst
Hear from PGP-DSE alumni who decided to invest in their education in a bid to strive ahead in their careers.
Aishwarya Sarda, Business Analyst, Uber
EXPLORE TOP EDUCATION
- TOP 10 DATA SCIENCE TRAINING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 PART-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 FULL-TIME DATA SCIENCE COURSES IN INDIA
- TOP 10 COURSES AND TRAINING PROGRAMS ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN INDIA
- TOP 10 CYBERSECURITY COURSES IN INDIA
“The comprehensive structure of this program is carefully designed keeping in mind the need of the hour – Analytics and ML. Professionals coming in from diverse backgrounds help you develop multi-node thinking. With a number of profile building sessions, data analysis trainings, industry seminars, soft skills sessions, resume building, and career counselling sessions, the program prepares you to be job-ready.”
Ramya T, Consultant Data Scientist, Saksoft
“As a fresher, I knew very little about data science but at the end of the program, I was well-versed with all the industry-relevant tools and topics. It was the ideal and the best way to learn data science. All the concepts were taught during this program with hands-on training on topics like text mining, Hadoop, SQL etc. All the Faculty were really great and I really love the way this program is structured.”
Home » How Great Learning Is Building India’s Data Science Talent Pool
Mahendra Shaji, Analytics Consultant, Fractal Analytics
“2-year career gap didn’t stop me from bagging a position as a consultant in Fractal
Analytics. Thank you Great Learning.”
Helping Students Become Workplace-Ready
The key reasons for the success of this program is the focus on giving learners real-world skills in tools like Python, Tableau & MySQL. The program covers foundations of Data Science with topics such as exploratory data analysis, statistical methods for decision making, and machine learning techniques. In order to ensure that these skills can be translated to solve real-world problems, there are a large number of practical assignments, hands-on projects and a 1 month Capstone project where learners tackle a business problem by applying all the concepts and tools learnt during the course of the program.
Kick-start your career in Data Science by applying for the program here
Provide your comments below
Richa Bhatia is a seasoned journalist with six-years experience in reportage and news coverage and has had stints at Times of India and The Indian Express. She is an avid reader, mum to a feisty two-year-old and loves writing about the next-gen technology that is shaping our world.