Listen to this story
Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft, started his India tour of 2023 by addressing industry bigshots at the Future Ready Leadership Summit in Mumbai. Nadella emphasised the need for digital transformation in every organisation and how Microsoft Cloud could promote innovation, advance the overall economy, and hasten the expansion of companies in India. When describing his vision for a tech-enabled India, he emphasised how Microsoft is innovating across the tech stack to support the nation’s ecosystem of developers, startups, and businesses in every industry, and how the cloud would be the fundamental building block for scaling India’s digital journey.
“Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and ultimately, we have to measure our success by achieving that mission, said the chairman. Besides that, Nadella spoke about Project Bhashini and Microsoft’s partnership with Apollo to develop a cardiac prognosis model that will be trained on data from South Asians. Through its Bhashini programme, which aims to make a variety of Indian languages accessible through translation, the Government of India’s Ministry of Electronics and IT leverages Azure AI to overcome language hurdles.
“In terms of AI reports or AI projects, India is number one, and that’s pretty huge. If the next big age is going to be AI, the human capital is already here and doing innovative things, and they’re not doing it in isolation. They’re doing it in the context of making a financial services product, doing a better risk assessment, better insurance, or energy transition, and that’s fantastic to see,” Nadella said about AI.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our editors every weekday evening as they steer you through the most significant news of the day, introduce you to fresh perspectives, and provide unexpected moments of joy
Nadella spoke about the value that GitHub Copilot would provide to the developer community and predicted that 70% of apps would be created using no-code or low-code tools. He added how Copilot can now translate across various coding languages and how GitHub is AI appearing in a “fairly magical way.”
Microsoft has operated in India for more than 32 years. The country is a hub of innovation and resourcefulness, with India expected to become the world’s third-biggest economy by 2033.
Nadella addressed how Microsoft’s tech stack and solution areas affect large and small organisations throughout India. Here are some more highlights from today’s event:
- State Bank of India (SBI) uses Power Apps to boost innovation and tackle issues like ensuring that ATMs are accessible to those with special needs.
- Building a platform for connected equipment that offers real-time visibility across project sites, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) works with Azure IoT and AI.
- Senco Gold & Diamonds uses Microsoft Dynamics 365 to provide a standardised solution for Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management that gathers data from all customer touchpoints and stores it in a centralised system.
- Air India uses Microsoft 365 technologies and security solutions to boost productivity.
- YES Bank announced a collaboration with Microsoft to develop a cutting-edge mobile application to offer consumers a personalised banking experience.
- In order to unleash business value by modernising the data landscape, altering the application portfolio, and safeguarding the company using the Microsoft Cloud Platform, HDFC Bank is collaborating with Microsoft.