Listen to this story
Neeva AI is a brand-new consumer search engine driven by AI that makes use of state-of-the-art LLMs and an independent search stack to offer unique search experiences. Based on large-language models, Neeva seeks inspiration from You and Perplexity.
Although Neeva is now available only in the US, it will soon reach global markets. You can start using Neeva by creating an account here.
Ad-free, private AI search engine, You, uses a ChatGPT-like user interface, while Neeva’s results are more akin to Google’s ‘Featured Snippets’, which pull a snippet from the top result and place it at the top of the page.
How is Neeva AI different from You and ChatGPT?
- Neeva replies with “AI can’t answer” when it doesn’t know the answer to a query rather than providing factually incorrect solutions like ChatGPT.
- Neeva is triggered only on question queries.
- Neeva AI cites sources from which it derives the response.
- Like ChatGPT, it also provides a real-time summary of recent events.
- Although Neeva generally provides accurate responses, it might need clarification on contradictory facts, as in the example below, it got confused when asked about its CEO Sridhar.
- Repeat requests are immediately answered, thanks to Neeva AI’s caching of previous findings.
- The search loads around 2.5 seconds, and the summary generation takes another 2 to 5 seconds.
- Compared to Bing or Google, it has less query volume, but CEO Sridhar claimed they would make the summarization better and task-specific in the coming months.