Tech Mahindra teamed up with Amazon Web Services on February 9, 2022, to launch an online AWS course called re/Start for professionals looking to enter the cloud ecosystem. As part of their CSR initiative, Tech Mahindra is offering the 12-week course at no charge at all (except a ₹1000 security deposit that is refunded after completing the course). This initiative aims to help individuals who want to start their careers in cloud technology.
Individuals will be given a dual certificate as well as access to networking opportunities, mentors and placement workshops upon successful completion. This course is the apt gateway for preparing for entry-level cloud positions.
This program is an introductory view of cloud computing fundamentals and the basic skills required for opening positions in the field. The eligibility to apply for the course does not require any technical background.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our editors every weekday evening as they steer you through the most significant news of the day, introduce you to fresh perspectives, and provide unexpected moments of joy
The application-oriented curriculum of this course focuses on four sections:
- Cloud foundations – Intro to programming, and their databases, fundamentals of programs like Linux, Python, etc.; Cloud fundamentals like security, storage and networking are also explained.
- AWS core services – Detail-oriented session covering various types of AWS services and applications.
- Cloud practitioner essentials assessment – Participants prepare for the exam to be certified as an AWS certified cloud practitioner. This is a dual certification as the participant will also be certified by Tech Mahindra SMART Academy for Digital Technologies.
- Employability skills and event sessions – The individual is then provided with a workshop for employability skills, critical thinking and resume building.
Completing this rigorous program and being certified as an AWS certified cloud practitioner opens up a plethora of opportunities in the global cloud market. Some of the job roles that one can apply for and the companies looking to recruit are IT cloud practitioner, AWS cloud administrator, IP support – AWS cloud, Network administrator, Cloud DNS specialist, and Cloud security specialist.
Apart from the AWS re/Start program, AWS also provides the following types of certifications:
- Role-based Certification: Architect, Cloud Practitioner, Developer, DevOps Engineer, ML Engineer, Operations
- Skill-based Certification: Advanced Networking, Data Analytics, Databases, Gametech, Machine Learning, Media Services, Security, Storage
To apply for this course, click here.