Download our Mobile App
MachineHack is back again with another exciting hackathon for this weekend, and this time with a new look and exciting features.
Problem Statement & Description
The gaming industry is certainly one of the thriving industries of the modern age and one of those that are most influenced by the advancement in technology. With the availability of technologies like AR/VR in consumer products like gaming consoles and even smartphones, the gaming sector shows great potential. In this hackathon, you as a data scientist must use your analytical skills to predict the sales of video games depending on given factors.
Given are 8 distinguishing factors that can influence the sales of a video game. Your objective as a data scientist is to build a machine learning model that can accurately predict the sales in millions of units for a given game.
The unzipped folder will have the following files.
- Train.csv – 3506 observations.
- Test.csv – 1503 observations.
- Sample Submission – Sample format for the submission.
Target Variable: SalesInMillions
The datasets will be made available for download on June 26th, Friday at 6 pm IST
This hackathon and the bounty will expire on June 29th, Monday at 7 am IST
Below are the file formats for the provided data: –
The top 3 competitors will receive a free pass to the Rising 2020.
- One account per participant. Submissions from multiple accounts will lead to disqualification
- The submission limit for the hackathon is 10 per day after which the submission will not be evaluated
- All registered participants are eligible to compete in the hackathon
- This competition counts towards your overall ranking points
- We ask that you respect the spirit of the competition and do not cheat
- This hackathon will expire on 29th June, Monday at 7 am IST
- Use of any external dataset is prohibited and doing so will lead to disqualification
The leaderboard is evaluated using RMSE for the participant’s submission.
If you loved this story, do join our Telegram Community.
Also, you can write for us and be one of the 500+ experts who have contributed stories at AIM. Share your nominations here.
What's Your Reaction?
A Computer Science Engineer turned Data Scientist who is passionate about AI and all related technologies. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org